IDE Tools: Extract To Method
This tool is used to extract highlighted text into a new method in the form or class being edited, as follows:
- Highlight the desired text.
- Run this tool.
- You will be prompted for the name of the method to be created. You may use mixed case names; _MemberData will be updated appropriately. This will cause the following:
- The new method will be created.
- The new method will be opened, populated with the highlighted text.
- In the original method, the highlighted text will be replaced with the appropriate reference to the new method, one of:
- This.Parent.Parent … .NewMethod()