IDE Tools: Help
Analyzing and modifying code editor windows
- Go To Definition - Go to the definition of the name under the cursor; method, PRG, procedure, etc.
- BeautifyX - Beautify to the extreme; highly customizable standardization of method code
- Create LOCALs - Create the LOCALs list in a method, based on assignments in that method.
- Extract To Method - Extracts the currently highlighted block of code into a new method.
- Enhanced Cut and Copy
- Highlight Control Structure - Highlights the current control structure (If / EndIf, Try / Catch, Do Case / EndCase, etc)
- Close Control Structure - Closes the current control structure by pasting EndIF, EndCase, etc., as appropriate.
- Code Listings
- Cross References – Categorization of names referenced in code into a dozen categories. The results are displayed in a grid similar to Code References
- Dynamic Snippets – Insert snippets of code that are dynamically created based on parameters. (Extension of Intellisense Auto-completion, which inserts static snippets)
Objects, Properties, Events, and Methods (PEMs)
- Copy properties and methods - Copies properties and method code from the current object.
- Compare with copied object - Compares properties and method code of the current object with those from the copied object.
- Paste properties and Method Code - Compares properties and method code from the copied object into the current object
- Paste object – Paste (create) the copied object.
- Add Object - Dialog for adding an object, using PEM Editor's 'Open Files' dialog
- Find Objects - Dialog for searching for objects based on the values of any of their properties.
- Object Size and Position - Opens the 'Size and Position' form for changing the size and position of objects (Extension of the “Format” menu)
- Auto-Rename – renames current object (and optionally all its child objects) based on standard 3-letter prefix plus Caption or Controlsource
Parent Class and Super Class
MRUs, Windows, and Opening Files
- Open Files – Dialogs to open classes or other files, including search by part of class name and/or by baseclass
- Favorites – Manages list of favorite forms, classes, or class libraries
- MRUs – Pop-up menu to access MRUs for classes, forms, class libraries, etc.
- Move/Resize Window - Move and resize the current edit window to a specified size and position
- Forward and Back through open code windows
- Close all code windows
- Close all code windows except the top one
- Move and / or resize the current window to specified place or size
- Pop-up menu of all open Windows