This project is read-only.

Side legend position

Topics: Enhancement Request, General
Oct 31, 2009 at 11:01 AM

Hello,

I have a question: can I put the side legend bellow the chart, but with it's items displayed one bellow the other (something like an vertical legend displayed bellow the chart)? And is there a possibility to have Word Wrapping in side legend's titles? I have a chart which has to display 3-4 lines of text for each legend item.

Thank you.

Respectfully,

Lucian Ilea

Oct 31, 2009 at 7:55 PM
Edited Oct 31, 2009 at 7:55 PM

Lucian --

You can control the position where the Side Legends appear by setting Property LegendPosition.

There is not a way at this time to have multiple line legends.  You might consider having brief legends and then setting the tooltip text to the longer text when the user hovers the mouse over the legends.

Jim

Oct 31, 2009 at 8:18 PM

Thank you Jim. I thought there is some way to do it and I missed it in the documentation.

Thanks again. Have a nice evening!

All best,

Lucian

Oct 31, 2009 at 10:21 PM

Lucian --

I understand.  As complete as the documentation is, there's so much there that sometimes it's hard to find what you're looking for.

There is another way to find your way in FoxCharts -- using another tool in VFPx, called PEMEditor.  I used PEMEditor to search through the descriptions of the properties in FoxCharts for the word 'position' and found this property right away,

Cheers,

Jim

Nov 2, 2009 at 7:13 AM

Jim,

Thank you for the idea regarding PEMEditor. It is really a very usefull tool. Thanks for all your help these days.

All best,

Lucian

Nov 2, 2009 at 1:49 PM

Lucian:

I'm glad that you have found PEM Editor to be useful.  A few hints to help you take better advantage of its capabilities

(1) Most of the serious features in PEM Editor are found in the right-click context menus.   There are four of primary interest:

• On the grid
  • On the "Find" filter
  • On the combobox (which drops down as a TreeView)
  • On the TreeView.

(2) I expect to have documentation for PEM Editor available fairly soon -- am hoping before Thanksgving.

Nov 3, 2009 at 12:22 AM

Apart from PEM editor, we have a HELP file available at the same page of the FoxCharts downloads.

Just use the searching possibilities to find your answers.

Nov 3, 2009 at 9:19 AM

Thank you very much.