This project is read-only.

VFP Coverage Log Analysis

Topics: Attention VFPX Admins, New Project Idea
Mar 19, 2016 at 11:30 PM
VFP Coverage logs are huge. Finding the few lines with longest times doesn't get the the heart of the problem. I've created an app that analyzes the log and generates a web page showing all chunks of code that were executed. The longest times for each chunk are color coded and links let you quickly drill down to see where the problem lies.

Sample docs are on http://www.AdvanceDataSystems.biz/Coverage/. Put why.htm into one window and sample.htm into another; why.htm will illustrate how this works - sample.htm has a page generated from the app.

My question is: Is this a reasonable VFPx project? Is there any interest for this hardly-ever-used app?

Thanks,
Ken
Mar 20, 2016 at 11:23 AM
Hi Ken
What does this application do more / better Markus Egger's add-on?
Regards,
Koen
Mar 20, 2016 at 5:20 PM
I've never heard of Markus' add-on, do you have a link? But if it generates a web page with times and links that lets you find slow spots in a few seconds, this system is no better.

Regards,
Ken

Hi Ken
Regards,
Koen

Mar 20, 2016 at 7:00 PM
Ken,

Markus Egger made an Add-On to facilitate the use of the Coverage.add, this was done, if I am not mistaken, in the year when VFP7 was released . Sorry I dont have an URL where this could be downloaded. Try to Google.
Regards,
Koen

2016-03-20 17:20 GMT+01:00 KenAGreen <[email removed]>:

I've never heard of Markus' add-on, do you have a link? But if it generates a web page with times and links that lets you find slow spots in a few seconds, this system is no better.

Regards,
Ken

Hi Ken
Regards,
Koen

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])

To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Mar 21, 2016 at 5:12 AM
Edited Mar 31, 2016 at 8:06 PM
The HTML view seems good to navigate the calls, very fast and easy indeed.

I currently use the Coverage Profiler of Martina Jindrová ( http://gorila.netlab.cz/cvp.html )
wich has many options ( big thanks to her if she reads this! ) but different products can fill
different needs and preferences, and it's good to have options to choose from.