Accessing Session Class from the Class Browser

Topics: General
Apr 23, 2015 at 2:15 AM
I have all my classes in class libraries. However, the session class is not easy to add to a class library. I have done it by manually adding the records to the class library and that works but I still cannot access the class from the class browser. So I was wondering if there was a way to include the session class in a class library and still be able to edit methods etc. without having to edit the "vcx" file directly. I was wondering if the PEM Editor could handle this or not. I know I can also program the session classes in a prg file but I would like to handle everything in class libraries.

Simon
Coordinator
Apr 23, 2015 at 3:38 PM
Why do that? You are fighting the development environment and that doesn't make sense. Instead, create your session class in a PRG.

Doug
Apr 23, 2015 at 8:04 PM
The only reason was that I was considering using the session class for BizObjs and I would have a lot of them and it would affect the way the application works because currently I can query the class libraries much easier than parsing prg files. This would require a lot of changes to tools developed for the application. However, I can leave the bizObj as non session classes if there is no easy solution.

Simon