Themedcontrols - Zoomnavbar in _screen

Mar 11, 2009 at 4:09 PM
Could anybody help me on placing a Zoomnavbar control in the _screen of VFP Desktop?
I have read it's possible to do it without subclassing a form from themedform class. I've tried to do it but I didn't know how to.
I used VFP Desktop as my main project window and i use it to add some object to it, so i don't want to change a lot of things to subclass a form from themedform class and run it as a top level form because that would make me to change my forms to run in a top level form.
Someoen could help me please?
TIA
Sebastiàn
Developer
Mar 12, 2009 at 7:24 PM
Hi Sebastiàn!
I'll try to create a sample on how to do this next week.
For now, if you want to try yourself, all you need to do is:
1- Create a subclass of ThemedZoomNavBar, add the buttons you want and save it.
2- When you start your application, use AddObject to add a control based on the subclass you've created to _Screen.
If you need dynamic buttons, bypass step one, and in step two, add a ThemedZoomNavBar control to the _Screen, and follow the instructions in the help file to add the buttons.

Regards,
Mar 12, 2009 at 11:17 PM
Hi Emerson!!!
That was exactly what i needed!! I was tempted of saying "it was so easy" but it wasn´t that easy to know exactly what to do.
Great!! Perfect!!!
Thank you very very much!! and go on with the project, it's great!!!
Sebastián
May 24, 2010 at 2:09 AM

Hello Emerson

I was trying to do the same as Sebastian did.  It works but for any reason the control is showing very quickly on top of the screen and disapear right away.

Here is my code:

***** ***** Add themedzoomnavbar *****

SET CLASSLIB TO 'vthemedzoomnavbar.vcx' ADDITIVE
_SCREEN.AddObject('vzommbar','vthemedzoomnavbar')
WITH _SCREEN.vzommbar
.left = 0
.Height = 125
.Top = _SCREEN.Height - 125
.Width = _SCREEN.Width
.Stretch = .t.    
ENDWITH

any clue ?

Thks

Eric

Developer
Jun 14, 2010 at 6:02 PM

Hi Eric.
Try to place a .Visible = .T. before the EndWith command.

Cheers,

Emerson