Event sequence

Topics: Enhancement Request
Mar 4, 2009 at 10:59 AM
Emerson,

I am having an issue with the ThemedOutlookNavBar;

I have added it to a form class upon which I have done a set of forms. The problem is that the PageCount_Assign() method is firing before the .Load()  method on my forms.
As these forms have a private datasession SET TALK etc are all set wrong as I set these in my load event.

I have worked around it by setting the environment in the BeforeOpenTables, but this is not ideal as I can't include in my class code. I was wondering if you could add an event to the themes manager that would allow us to hook in before code ran and check the environment settings?

Gary Williams

PS. I have subclasses the ThemedForm and created a ThemedMessageBox, the normal messagebox looks so ugly over the themed forms! If it is ok with you I am happy to share with anyone who would like it.
Developer
Mar 4, 2009 at 4:04 PM
Hi Gary.
I'll try to reproduce this behavior to know how can I do to solve the problem.
About the ThemedMessagebox, I think that it could be very useful.
Send it to me and I'll add to the TC ASAP, giving you the credits.

Cheers!
Mar 4, 2009 at 4:10 PM

Will produce a quick document on usage, as it work exactly like the VFP one, or you can use a number of extra features on fonts, alignment etc.

Will send it by the end of this week.

G.

Sent: 04 March 2009 17:05
To: Gary Williams
Subject: Re: Event sequence [VFPX:49161]

Hi Gary.
I'll try to reproduce this behavior to know how can I do to solve the problem.
About the ThemedMessagebox, I think that it could be very useful.
Send it to me and I'll add to the TC ASAP, giving you the credits.

Cheers!

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (VFPX@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email VFPX@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Developer
Mar 4, 2009 at 4:45 PM
Are you changing the PageCount property programmatically?
I've made some tests in TC sample and Load is fired before PageCount_Assign...
Could you send me a sample reproducing this issue?

Thanks.
Mar 5, 2009 at 5:08 AM
Edited Mar 5, 2009 at 5:09 AM

Emerson,

Have a attached sample, bit will also send to your hotmail address and not entirely sure how attachments work in the discussions forum. You will need to place a wait window in the PageFrame_Assign() of the panes class in OutlookNavBar.VCX to see the effect.

It is definitely related to sub classing a form that already has the pageframe on and then changing the pagecount within the form.

Not sure if I was clear, the issue is not a ThemedControls problem as you can recreate the same with a standard pageframe.

Gary.

Developer
Mar 6, 2009 at 7:12 PM
Hi Gary!
Please, download the latest version of TC, place your code to set the environment in SetEnvironment method of ThemedForm and let me know if it works.

Regards,