Frx to Email or .Doc or .Xls

Feb 7, 2009 at 6:34 AM
Have you made something  on this subject
Coordinator
Feb 9, 2009 at 8:14 PM
No, and there won't be such a project because there are several commercial products that do this, including XFRX, FRX2Any, and Mind's Eye Reporting Engine.

Doug
Feb 16, 2009 at 9:58 AM
Yes all above are not freeware ?
Developer
Feb 16, 2009 at 5:49 PM
Khurram,

There are other options.
Look for the class FRX2WORD, from John Koziol and Fabio Vieira.

Also you may save your reports as HTML, that can be easilly opened by MS Word.
Coordinator
Feb 17, 2009 at 11:10 PM
>>Yes all above are not freeware ?<<

True, but one of the VFPX directives for project acceptance is to not hurt the third-party market products. Besides, it seems silly to allocate resources to reproduce some software that already has existed in several forms and is tested and mature. For instance, if someone submits a project proposal for a desktop or Web application framework the administrators would reject it because there are a number of frameworks already available from several sources.

The only things that would get a project rejected:

1) Illegal content or intent.
2) Conflict of licensing and copyright.
3) Conflict with existing third-party market.
4) Incomplete proposal that does not clearly state objectives and goals.

And just to be clear, just because a project is rejected to be included on VFPX, there is nothing stopping a project from moving forward under another open source initiative in the Fox Community (or elsewhere).
Feb 19, 2009 at 5:16 PM
Rick, there are others third party products that involve skinning your application and some that allow a developer to add charts to his application, yet the projects are here (and i'm happy for it). 
The "don't conflict with existing third-party market" seems .. subjective. I guess a project proposal that allow a developer to build solid documentation for its projects will also be rejcted, right?

Just m 2c bt i thought that VFPX stands for comuniti built quality components and tools. Was i wrong ?