This project is read-only.

PEM Editor: Property CTHORDISPATCHER is not found

Topics: Bug Information
Mar 27, 2013 at 4:37 PM
I just updated to the latest PEM Editor from version 7 Beta 3. When running StartPEMEditor.prg, I get the error "Property CTHORDISPATCHER is not found." The forms open fine from the Thor/IDE Tools menu, but not using the PRG. The error occurs in PEMEditor_Utils.GetPluginPath() when called from Beautify.Init().

Thinking there might be some old files mixed in with the new, I renamed my existing Thor and PEMEditor folders and reinstalled from scratch. I now get the same error when doing the initial DO PEMEDITOR.APP. Should I be using a different method to start PEM Editor during my VFP/framework startup?

Thanks,

Joel
Mar 27, 2013 at 4:41 PM
Joel --

PEM Editor now assumes that you are running Thor. That property is the main Thor "object" (actually, just an executable string)

Many of the features from PEM Editor are now also accessible from Thor, and so the two are completely intertwined.

I would like to encourage you to download and install Thor (and, possibly, try out some of the other tools that Thor provides)

Jim Nelson

(805) 498-9195 (preferred)
(720) 837-3536 (cell)
Mar 27, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Hi Jim,

I do have Thor installed (sorry if that wasn't clear). I like to have the PEMEditor window open when I start my VFP framework. I accomplished that in the past by running StartPEMEditor.prg. Is there a new way to do it?

Thanks,

Joel
Mar 27, 2013 at 5:01 PM
Joel --

Yes, assuming that you have run Thor first. In fact, I recommend that you execute RunThor(7) as part of the setup program for your IDE.

To get PEM Editor to start automatically, go to the Thor configuration page, to the "Startup Tools", and check of "PEM Editor" (and any others that suit you).

Hope this helps.

Jim Nelson

(805) 498-9195 (preferred)
(720) 837-3536 (cell)
Mar 27, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Thanks Jim. That worked.

Joel