GDIPlusX version info

Topics: General
Dec 4, 2008 at 6:26 AM
I just started using GDIPlusX in my projects and is very please with the value its provide.  However, I am not able to find the version info of the system.app for on-going upgrade and maintenance purpose.  Would it be good to add a version resource to the system.app (don't know if that is possible or not), or add an attribute to the system object for version info, e.g. ? _screen.system.version = "1.10" or something similar?

Thanks the GDIPlusX team for a great product!
Developer
Dec 6, 2008 at 2:12 AM
Hi David,

We have already a newer version of GdiPlusX - version 1.20 beta, that already brings this function.
See the text extracted from the "ReadNe"file that comes with the newer version, that brings some new features and fixes, but is still in Beta, and can be reached from this link:

http://www.codeplex.com/VFPX/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=15083

Regards

Cesar

Version Checking

Hopefully, more and more features will be implemented into the GDIPlusX library. As this happens, your application may become dependent on a certain release of SYSTEM.APP. To make sure that your application has he version you need, you can pass a "minimum version" parameter when calling SYSTEM.APP.

FUNCTION System ([oObject]|[cDirective][, nMinVersion])

Parameters:
oObject - (Optional) Object reference to attach the xfcSystem class to. Default value: _SCREEN
nMinVersion - (Optional) Minimum version of the GDIPlusX library that your application requires. Default value: 0.00
cDirective - (Optional) Specifies a special instruction for SYSTEM.APP to perform. Currently only "FoxCode" is supported

To make sure that you are getting a minimum version of the GDIPlusX library, pass the version number when calling SYSTEM.APP. If the version number of SYSTEM.APP is less than the minimum version specified, an error is generated with instructions on where to get the latest version of SYSTEM.APP / GDIPlusX.

DO SYSTEM.APP WITH 1.20
* or *
DO SYSTEM.APP WITH oMyObject,1.20
* or *
DO SYSTEM.APP WITH ,1.20
Dec 6, 2008 at 5:48 AM
Hi Cesar,

That's a great feature added! :)
mmm, if  I just want to know the version of the system.app, is there some way to do it?

Thanks,
David

Developer
Dec 6, 2008 at 10:50 AM
Edited Dec 6, 2008 at 3:22 PM
Hi David,

>>mmm, if  I just want to know the version of the system.app, is there some way to do it?

Sure you can !
That simple:
_Screen.System.Version

The property "Version"returns a numeric value that represents the current version.

Cesar

Dec 8, 2008 at 6:59 PM
That's perfect! 
Thanks again :)