Property Editor - new sort option on Name column

Developer
Nov 11, 2008 at 5:56 PM
Suggestion - need a way to sort the Name column of the grid while ignoring the capitalization of the Name property.

Perhaps we could cycle through the sort methods with each header click. Or put an on-form radio button. Don't want to have to go though Preferences to apply this. Somethimes need a quick back-and-forth way of looking at that list.

Also, I think I've discovered that clicking the Name column does nothing, whereas on the other columns, is reverses the sort order.
Coordinator
Nov 11, 2008 at 6:06 PM
Matt --

I think is its already sorted by Name then another click to sort by upper(name) should be easy to implement.

And, I have no idea how to sort the name column in reverse.  It's not as easy as doing Descending, since the sort used is a stable sort so there are (or may be, at least) other items in the sort key, so reversing them fails.

I like second click sorting by upper()  -- or lower() depending on your perspective.

Developer
Nov 11, 2008 at 6:21 PM

Agree… upper() / lower() should do it.

Very unlikely to actually need descending sort on the Name column, I just wanted to point it out, since it does not comply with the expected UI response.

I’ll glady take upper() / lower().

Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 1:07 PM
To: mattslay@jordanmachine.com
Subject: Re: Property Editor - new sort option on Name column [VFPX:39699]

Matt --

I think is its already sorted by Name then another click to sort by upper(name) should be easy to implement.

And, I have no idea how to sort the name column in reverse. It's not as easy as doing Descending, since the sort used is a stable sort so there are (or may be, at least) other items in the sort key, so reversing them fails.

I like second click sorting by upper() -- or lower() depending on your perspective.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (VFPX@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email VFPX@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Nov 11, 2008 at 6:26 PM
Will be part of the next release then.