FoxTabs 0.5 Released

Topics: General
Developer
Oct 24, 2008 at 11:23 PM
I just posted the first VFPX release of FoxTabs.  I consider it a Beta release, and I would appreciate it if anyone/everyone would try it and report any problems.  I did fix a couple of problems in this release, so if you've tried & dismissed it before, please give it another look.  Craig & Scott created a really nice utility for us, and before long you'll wonder how you lived without it.  It's rock solid in my IDE, but your mileage may vary.

Thanks,

Joel
Developer
Oct 25, 2008 at 4:32 AM
Edited Oct 25, 2008 at 4:40 AM

Joel - Thanks for the quick update to this tool already.  I'll download it this weekend, and start giving it a workout on Monday.
Developer
Oct 25, 2008 at 4:33 AM
I'm also going right now to post a link to this message over on Universal Thread and Foxite.
Developer
Oct 25, 2008 at 4:56 AM
Joel - be sure to add a reference to "FoxTabs" in the comment line of every upload you make to the Source Code page.

Remember, all the "Releases" in the Source Code tab look like they are Releases of the same Project (because of the way VFPx is hosting several projects all at once, which is not really the way a CodePlex project is designed to be used). It's very confusing the way were using it here.

Therefore, a comment like your last upload that reads

"Changed version number to 0.5.0" is to vague.  You cannot even tell what tool that download is related to.

It should read something like:

"FoxTabs: Changed version number to 0.0.5"

Developer
Oct 25, 2008 at 5:16 PM
Will do.

Thanks,

Joel