This project is read-only.

FoxChart bug - tool tips when in a pageframe

Topics: Bug Information
Oct 20, 2008 at 9:46 PM
 I haven't had a chance to dig into this, but I noticed that the tool tip that appears when you hover over a bar in the chart doesn't appear in the correct location when FoxCharts has been placed on a pageframe (it looks like it's not taking the relative position into account). This is v1.2
Oct 20, 2008 at 9:49 PM
You're correct Paul !
I'll get this fixed ASAP.
I really forgot about this...
Sorry about that

Did you manage to solve your other questions ?
Oct 21, 2008 at 6:39 PM
This one seems to involve a bit more than just the tool tips. Try a chart on two different pages with them anchored to resize with the form. Select the first page of pageframe. Resize the form - both charts will repaint, leaving the second page being the last to be rendered.

Oct 21, 2008 at 7:00 PM
 I thought I would be able to work around this by selectively setting the Visible property of the chart based on the ActivePage of the pageframe. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the chart control respects this property. I'm just going to use a single chart control change the chart properties on a single chart when the user selects a page instead of using multiple charts.
Oct 22, 2008 at 2:44 PM
 The above solution works OK as long as the pages in the page frame only select different types of charts. In my case, though, I need a page which is mostly just controls. The chart really does need to be hidden. It turns out it's really easy to modify FoxCharts to do this since the ChartCanvas control already supports Visible being set. I added an assign method to the Visible property of FoxCharts:

LPARAMETERS tlVisible
This.Visible = m.tlVisible
IF tlVisible    This.BackStyle = 1    This.BorderWidth = 1    This.ChartCanvas.Visible = .T.    This.SetAll("Visible", .T.)    This.ToolTip.Visible = .F. ELSE    This.BackStyle = 0    This.BorderWidth = 0    This.SetAll("Visible", .F.) ENDIF
Oct 22, 2008 at 9:18 PM
Hi Paul,

I'd like to keep contact directly with you regarding this.
I think I have a solution for both problems, the tooltips and the issue with 2 different instances of FoxCharts in the same form, and would like to send you a fixed version for you to test.

Can you send me an email to vfpimaging@hotmail.com ?
Oct 22, 2008 at 9:38 PM
Paul,

Please get version 1.01 development from here:
http://www.codeplex.com/VFPX/Release/ProjectReleases.aspx?ReleaseId=15318

TIA

Cesar