This project is read-only.

DDEXProvder for Visual Studio 2008

Topics: Enhancement Request
Jul 12, 2008 at 4:10 PM
Would it be possible to create an install for the DDEXProvider so that it can work with Visual Studio 2008?  I've tried changing the registry keys to plug it in to 2008 from the source code but the PLK fails validation.  I personally have stopped using Visual Studio 2005 to look towards the future.  Am I missing something else that would have caused it to fail?
Jul 13, 2008 at 11:25 PM

The DDEX provider no longer works because Microsoft built it using a temporary license key which has since expired. The good news is that they've created an updated version and are currently testing it. Not sure when they plan to release it, but hopefully it won't be too long.

I don't know if you've seen Craig Boyd's blog entry on this, but it takes care of the VS 2008 issues. You'll just need to wait for the updated provider to be released and you can then follow Craig's instructions.

Doug

Jul 14, 2008 at 1:14 AM
In the meantime then .... I have been using FoxCharts in one of my apps (starting yesterday) and have a number of suggested enhancements, as well (for a few instances) code modifications that implement my suggestions.

I would like to communicate these suggestions to the team doing FoxCharts and, if they're interested, contribute some to the project.

How do I go about communicating that?
Jul 14, 2008 at 1:21 AM
Ignore my previous post ... that's not relevant in any way to this discussion.  Apologies
Jul 14, 2008 at 4:06 AM

Hi Jim.

The best way is to start a new discussion thread.

Doug