This project is read-only.

ctl32 other controls, change proposal.

Apr 16, 2008 at 5:23 AM
Edited Apr 16, 2008 at 7:32 AM
To the VFPx admins:

Right now only the ctl32_statusbar and ctl32_scontainer are VFPx projects. I was wondering if all the ctl32 classes could be included under the VFPx umbrella: the ctl32_balloontip, ctl32_contextmenu, ctl32_formstate, ctl32_gripper, ctl32_progressbar (already part of ctl32_statusbar), ctl32_trackbar, and the future ctl32_animation, ctl32_monthcal, etc. There are also some other classes that are not visual controls, like ctl32_ftp, ctl32_registry, ctl32_rawprint.

Maybe everything can be renamed to ctl32 controls, and include it all under one package. What I am doing right now is refactoring the visual classes that are ports of Windows common controls, so the pems resemble the .Net controls pems, wherever possible. In some cases, I am adding some pems that are not in .Net, but should be there.

The idea is that, like GDIPLUSx, reading the .Net help docs of the controls would make it possible to use them.

Also, I would really appreciate it if one or two people could do a quick review of the code, to check if "the big picture" is more or less OK, and provide some feedback or general guidelines to the correctness of it all.

Thanks

Apr 20, 2008 at 3:53 AM
I think a simple VFPX project proposal would be the easiest way. The admins will know your intentions, but following the established process is probably the simplest and fastest way. I think this is a good idea, especially if they are neatly packaged together in a single download for the release.

As to the code reviews, I am hopeful you will get some volunteers here. The question that might be hard to answer is the .NET compatibility as you need to find developers who know the .NET controls too.
Apr 29, 2008 at 5:39 PM
Edited Apr 29, 2008 at 5:49 PM
calloatti,

Did you decide whether you were going to submit a VFPX project proposal for this? I think your idea of having all of the ctl32 classes grouped into a single project is a good one. As for the code review, were you looking for just the ctl32_statusbar and ctl32_scontainer projects to be reviewed?