This project is read-only.

FoxCharts is now a VFPX project!

Apr 8, 2008 at 9:25 PM
You may have seen some cool graphing components called FoxCharts on a new blog: VFP Imaging (hosted on Foxite.com).

http://weblogs.foxite.com/vfpimaging/archive/2008/04/04/5919.aspx

This project is a new project here on VFPX. See FoxGraphs for more details.
Apr 21, 2008 at 6:39 AM
Hi,
FoxCharts is really cool.

Suggestions:

1. Able to show chart animation. For example, when show show column bar, the bars' height is increasing dramatically.
2. Able to handle click event corresponding to each bar so that we can show drilled down info for example.
Apr 22, 2008 at 5:06 PM

chanmy8 wrote:
Hi,
FoxCharts is really cool.

Suggestions:

1. Able to show chart animation. For example, when show show column bar, the bars' height is increasing dramatically.
2. Able to handle click event corresponding to each bar so that we can show drilled down info for example.

Hi Chanmy,

In a first moment, I'm really not thinking of doing this.
The charts are created using only drawing techniques.

I'm not using VFP objects for drawing the bars or shapes, only direct drawing techniques.
This makes it really difficult to manage the objects, although it is still possible, if we map all the shapes positions.

In the future, we may think of this possibility. But if I went into this, I would use VFP objects to create the charts, still drawing most´parts with GdiPlusX, but each shape or object should be a VFP Image object (or an ImageCanvas).

Right now, I'm working on a new version, still in ALPHA, with more kinds of charts (points/shapes, multiple bars, stacked bars), some new effects (like transparencies), drawing texts inside the bars or pie slices, Improvements in the x and y axys, and more.

Thanks for the suggestions !
May 16, 2008 at 8:26 PM
VfpImaging,

If you could get this into source control then others could help work on the source as well as access the latest checked-in source for the project. If you need help setting this up let me know.
May 16, 2008 at 10:45 PM
Bo said that there is another good tool to upload and manage the files checkins, that runs much faster than the "Team Explorer Client" that is really slow.
Anyway, I hope to upload a new version in the next few days.

Thanks !

Cesar