PEM Editor 5.0.7 document view

Topics: Enhancement Request, General
May 4, 2010 at 7:19 PM

Hi all,

I was trolling through the docs for this today and noticed that it includes a replacement for Document View along with all the other goodies! My question is, is it possible to make this the default tool for Doc View in a similar way to how the native PEM interface can be replaced? I do see how to invoke it at the command line which is pretty simple but making it the default would be even better.

tia,

rk

Coordinator
May 4, 2010 at 7:32 PM

Howdy --

To answer your question briefly -- no, there is no way to replace VFP's Document View with the "Document TreeView" that is part of PEM Editor.  (Note that "Document TreeView" does not work on PRGs ....)

You actually have a number of options for invoking Document Treeview -- from the command line, from the right-click context menu of the combo box in PEM Editor -- and you can also, in the Preferences form, have it always come up when you open PEM Editor.

Finally -- there will be a release of Version 6 Beta for PEM Editor sometime this week.

Jim Nelson

Project Leader

May 4, 2010 at 7:40 PM

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the rapid reply. I look forward to the next iteration.

rk

May 5, 2010 at 4:38 PM

Hi Jim,

The Doc View does not appear to retain its dockable or docked state. (Don't know if that's part of the design.)

rk

Coordinator
May 5, 2010 at 6:07 PM

Hi --

The design does specify that it retain both 'dockable' and its docked state ... but cannot do that if it is link docked.

What kind of docking are you using?

May 5, 2010 at 6:37 PM

I had to go to the help to figure that out <g>. Link docked it is - with the property sheet and data session windows.

Coordinator
May 5, 2010 at 6:43 PM

Unfortunately, I've never been able to recover enough information from aDockState to re-create it when it's link docked.

Sorry about that

May 5, 2010 at 6:45 PM

No apologies needed. Just trying to report back useful info...

May 5, 2010 at 8:14 PM

Hi Jim,

I just tried a little testing and found that the dockable state still is not being retained, even if I don't dock it to anything. IOW, I started it up using the command line by calling the app with 2. I then right clicked on the caption and left clicked dockable. I closed the doc view window. Finally I brought it up again with the command line and it was not marked dockable.

Coordinator
May 5, 2010 at 8:56 PM

That's very odd -- I cannot repro that behavior.  I can open/close it from the command line, changing 'docking', and it retains 'docking' as it should. 

For now, I have no idea why this is not working.

A related issue -- is it working correctly for PEM Editor?

And another -- do you use a PRG to setup your IDE for you?  If so, you can dock the windows as you want, using DOCK WINDOW, even if they don't come up exactly as you'd like.