Subfox error code 0x80040154

Topics: General
Apr 8, 2010 at 9:20 PM

This project is an excellent idea but until now I could not install.
I follow the instructions on users guide but did not work.
I use Windows 7 x64 and I'm having the following problem: OLE error code 0x80040154: Class not registered.
If someone can help me I thanks.

Apr 9, 2010 at 12:14 AM

Well, I don't know if I can help to much with that specific error but I can say that I'm also running Windows 7 x64 and I have SubFox set up in VFP 9 and it seems to be working fine for me.

Also, you should consider posting this type of topic under the Issue Tracker instead of under Discussions. It is my understanding that discussions are more about discussing concepts, plans, and usage rather than solving issues. Although I can say that it seems those communicating through discussions seem to be getting much more responses from the maintainer. Perhaps the maintainer(s) is not paying attention to the issues posted in the Issue Tracker on CodePlex?

Developer
Apr 9, 2010 at 1:03 PM

I assume the problem is that you did not install the PushOk module SVNCOM, or that the install didn't run cleanly.  Like with any COM object, you should be able to instantiate an object with code like this:

* PushOk Test
LOCAL o1,o2
o1 = CREATEOBJECT( "PushOkSvn.SVNClient" )
o2 = NEWOBJECT( "PushOkSvn_SVNClient_Events" )
MESSAGEBOX( "Done" )

DEFINE CLASS PushOkSvn_SVNClient_Events AS session OLEPUBLIC
    IMPLEMENTS _ISVNClientEvents IN {26BAD3D0-C2C4-4723-9175-840366CF37E7}#1.0
*   IMPLEMENTS _ISVNClientEvents IN "C:\PROGRAM FILES\PUSHOK SOFTWARE\SVN PROXY\SVN\SVNCOM.DLL"
    PROCEDURE _ISVNClientEvents_Idle(pThis AS VARIANT) AS VOID
    ENDPROC
    PROCEDURE _ISVNClientEvents_WcNotify(pSVNWcNotify AS VARIANT) AS VOID
    ENDPROC
    PROCEDURE _ISVNClientEvents_WcProgress(progress AS Number, total AS Number) AS VOID
    ENDPROC
ENDDEFINE

Personally I am still running WinXP-32bit, so I am in the dark ages.  However, my Win7-Pro-64 disk is right here in front of me just begging to be installed.  Let me know how this test works for you.

Developer
Apr 9, 2010 at 1:12 PM

I just checked the CodePlex issue tracker... there are currently no work items for Component="SubFox".

Developer
Apr 9, 2010 at 1:57 PM

Whoops!  Okay, I see a dozen postings with the keyword "SubFox" used therein.

Jun 23, 2010 at 1:26 AM

I think the issue with the CodePlex Issue Tracker may be that when we enter in new issues we can't select the component. Sort of strange but maybe only those with higher permissions are allowed to set these values? Or perhaps it's because I'm using Chrome? When I look at the SubFox issues that I've posted though they show up as No Component Selected and it appears there is no way for me to update this.

Dec 21, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Iv solved this issue..   Install the SVNCOM 32 bit version even if your running 64 bit and then this will work.   the download link is labeled (  "SDK" installation   )