This project is read-only.

foxcharts: how to disable SideLegend click?

Topics: General
Mar 12, 2010 at 3:44 PM

I cant seem to find how to do this... any clues?  I have code in foxcharts1.click that checks for this.currRecno=0, but that doesnt seem to consistently allow me to reject clicks on the SideLegend legend-'squares'

Apr 2, 2010 at 8:11 PM

can anyone help?   What am I missing?

Apr 2, 2010 at 8:45 PM

Hi,

Maybe if you show us your coding you have implented;  in which method and for which charttype?  A click in a Foxcharts.shapelegend should not effect the Foxcharts.sidelegend.

Koen

Apr 2, 2010 at 8:57 PM

Much obliged.

Background:  am using many chart types; I’ve created a cool user-defineable dashboard, composed of  variable number of ‘dashlets’, all basically Foxcharts in a container, in a class… but assume I’m using simple bars for now.

I have the below in foxcharts1.click()….  this allows me to connect ‘drilldown’ code to a click on any bar.  A click on the SideLegend

The problem is that This.currRecno is apparently not reset to 0 consistently.  Is there another way to determine that the SideLegend (not a bar) was clicked?

IF This.CurrRecno <=0                     && prevent drilldown on sidelegends!

WAIT WINDOW AT 40,60 'Please select one of the chart Bars for drilldown.' TIMEOUT 1

?? CHR(7)

RETURN

ENDIF

* -- so nice that 'foxCharts' provides the currRecno and CurrCol for drilldown!    

SELECT (ALLTRIM(this.Parent.cid))

GO (This.CurrRecno)

gnCurrColumn=This.CurrColumn

gnCurrRecc=This.CurrRecno

gcCurrLegend=this.CurrLegend

lccmd="Drill"+this.Parent.dashletname+"(gcCurrLegend)"

&lccmd.

Thank you!

-bob

Sent: Friday, April 02, 2010 3:45 PM
To: Robert Davis
Subject: Re: foxcharts: how to disable SideLegend click? [VFPX:204780]

Hi,

Maybe if you show us your coding you have implented; in which method and for which charttype? A click in a Foxcharts.shapelegend should not effect the Foxcharts.sidelegend.

Koen

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (VFPX@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email VFPX@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Apr 2, 2010 at 9:10 PM

Hi,

Sorry not clear to me. What are you trying to accomplish?  Catch a click in any foxCharts.Shapelegend or on any foxCharts.Sidelegend ?

Koen

Apr 5, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Am trying to catch the ShapeLegend click only. 

Sent: Friday, April 02, 2010 4:10 PM

Hi,

Sorry not clear to me. What are you trying to accomplish? Catch a click in any foxCharts.Shapelegend or on any foxCharts.Sidelegend ?

Koen

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (VFPX@discussions.codeplex.com)

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Apr 5, 2010 at 6:08 PM

to clarify, my code is in FoxCharts1.click().    I had thought perhaps that there would be a way to attach code to a ShapeLegend.click() event to avoid this problem (being unable to discriminate between a click on the ShapeLegend -vs- the ScaleLegend)... but could not find a way to do that.

All comments appreciated...

Apr 5, 2010 at 9:38 PM

Hi Bob,

Cesar made an example showing you doing exactly that in one of the sample forms. The sample form showing the click event in a shape is called `Mouse Click and Double click events´ Run the form double click and you will get some information.

Please call back if this answer does not give you the answer.

Koen

Apr 6, 2010 at 6:24 PM

Much obliged.   Cesar’s example indeed used this.currobjType  to discriminate between the click-event ‘source’.   That did the trick!

Thank you so much!

Sent: Monday, April 05, 2010 4:38 PM

Hi Bob,

Cesar made an example showing you doing exactly that in one of the sample forms. The sample form showing the click event in a shape is called `Mouse Click and Double click events´ Run the form double click and you will get some information.

Please call back if this answer does not give you the answer.

Koen