Advanced search tool
for FoxPro code
Version 4.3.014 Released 2012-06-18
GoFish is an advanced code search tool for fast searching and replacing of Visual FoxPro source code.
Download App: Download the latest build here
Post questions, bug reports, discussions in the GoFish Discussion Group
Video: (1024 x 768)
(800 x 600)
Interview with GoFish 4 author, Matt Slay, on The Fox Show Podcast Episode #72
Download Source: Source code (.zip)
View Change Log: View Change Log
Search Results Form:
New features in version 4.3…
- New Wildcard Search Mode allows * and ? in Search Expression
- Wildcards (* and ?) and the NOT operator (!) can be now used on the Filter Form
- Added option for confirming "Whole Word" search if it is marked when starting a new search.
- Added option for clearing the 'Apply Filter' checkbox with each new search
- Added option to specify number of MRU entries to display in Scope/Search Expression dropdowns.
- Fixed Report so that it will correctly use the same filter that is in place on the main grid.
- Super FAST code searches are powered by the new
GoFish Search Engine class
- Search scope can be a Project or a Path
- Recent Search Expressions and Search Scopes are maintained in dropdown combos
- Can maintain a list of files to skip
- Uses XML files to store settings and options between sessions. See
GoFish Config Files Help for more info.
- Code Replacements - See
GoFish Replace Help for more info.
- Performs backups during Replace operations - See
GoFish Backup Help for more info.
- Colorized code view and highlighting of matched line.
- TreeView provides quick filtering on the results grid by filetype or specific file.
- Filter Button provides advanced filtering across multiple columns after initial search if performed.
- Search Expression supports Regular Expressions (use Advanced button on main form).
- Form is resizable, and dockable (if desired).
- Column order and width can be changed.
- Columns are sortable.
- Window panes are resizable using the vertical and horizontal splitter controls.
- Double-click a row to open the file and edit the code in native FoxPro method windows.
- Integrates with PEM Editor IDE Tools to
open files through Source Code Control Checkout.
Learn more about...
Further options can be accessed on the Advanced Search form:
- Supports searching Active Project, user selected Project, Current Directory, or user selected Directory.
- Allows searching on TimeStamp of changed objects on forms and classes, as well as file dates.
- Initial file type filtering limits which files are searched.
- Whole word/partial match, match case, include/exclude comments.
- Supports Regular Expressions.
- All user settings are saved between sessions, including column display, width, and order, as well as form size and position on the screen.
- Can specify a filename temple (i.e. job* )
Advanced Search Dialog
- Supports wildcard matching (* and ?) on filename pattern to be searched.
- Allows post-search filtering across multiple grid columns.
- Wildcards (* and ?) and the NOT operator (!) can be used on the Filter Form
- Column Selection - Allows choosing from over 20 fields of data to show in the Results Grid.
- Preferences - Basic user preferences for font size, docking, and message display and more.
- Advanced - View and manage the
XML Config Files used by GoFish to save settings.
- Replace – To enable
Replace Mode and learn how it works
- Backups – To enable
GoFish Backups and learn how they work.
- Thor – Explains that GoFish will self-register with Thor to create a launch tool and Thor menu for GoFish.
- Update – Explains that GoFish can be updated using Thor “Check for Updates” feature.
About screen contains additional links to the GoFish project
Thanks to original GoFish author, Peter Diotte, for granting me permission to create this version 4 update.
- Ver 4.3.012 – 2012-06-11
- Ver 4.3.011 – 2012-06-03
- Ver 4.3 - 2012-05-07
- Ver 4.2 - 2012-01-21
- Ver 4.1 Beta 1 - 2011-11-17
- Ver 4.1 Alpha 1 - 2011-08-11 (474 download)
- Ver 4.0 Beta 1 - 2011-06-07 GoFish 4 Beta 1 released on VFPx. (698 downloads)
- Ver 4.0 Beta - 2011-05-14
- Ver 4.0 Alpha - 2010-11-25 - By Matt Slay - Initial work on Ver 4.0 begins, 6 years after last release by Peter Diotte.
- Ver 3.1b - 2005-07-23
- Ver 3.0 - 2002-12-04
- Ver 2.0 - 2002-03-05 - Ability to do a REPLACE
- Ver 1.0 - 2001-03-01 - By Peter Diotte
Code named "Thong" (find the string...)
Park Ave Marketing firm suggests rename - "Go Fish"