This project is read-only.

Tabmenu Rules!

Topics: General, Bug Information
May 1, 2007 at 12:56 AM
Great piece of software.
There is a suggestion: If you are able to integrate it to the MNX structure so wa can use standar menus and convert existing ones to tabmenus with some comment lines into the MNX would be great!.
Or, at least, try to give tabmenus the option to be datadriven instead of having to code every aspect of the menu.
May 1, 2007 at 11:54 AM
Thanks for the enthusiasm, I am glad you like it.

In response to your suggestion, this has already been done. If you set your _GENMENU vfp environment variable to point to the GenTabMenu.prg this will generate the code from you standard VFP menu. The tutorial document describes this towards the end, and the sample projects in the TabMenu.ZIP file make use of exactly that technique.

If you have any additional questions please feel free to contact me.
May 1, 2007 at 6:36 PM
Edited May 1, 2007 at 6:37 PM
Goran:
This is embarrasing.....I'm the one who patronizes users for not reading the manual before asking any questions.
There is nothing I can say other that Thank You. As I said in Universalthread many IT people thinks our application was made in .NET. This kind of user interfases gives VFP developers the opportunity of getting more customers and make a better living.
Best regards.
May 7, 2007 at 5:21 PM
Goran,

I'll take a look at the code and see if I can build a GENMENUX driver for it as well.

One thing though: while it looks extremely cool - I'm having a rough time getting it to run properly on my Win XP SP2 and VFP 9 SP1. I also don't see a good set of examples with other standard forms in it. Maybe it would be useful to create a sample application that looks similar to TazTraders or even one that just reviews the customer form internally.

May 7, 2007 at 5:36 PM
I think the problem that I'm seeing has to do with the samplevfpscreen project. When I close out of it, my VFP desktop returns but I don't have a Titlebar anymore.

I think it's because the _SCREEN.Titlebar property is still set to 0 instead of 1.
May 13, 2007 at 3:38 AM
I'll update the example to fix that. I tend to test it using a standalone runtime EXE so I don't notice those types of issues. The irony is that reason I started to do this was because there were so many of these types of issues. :-)

I think I need to revert to running it from the command line to tidy up the environment resets.
May 13, 2007 at 3:39 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
May 13, 2007 at 3:44 AM
A more usable example with a more real life feature set is a good idea. Though I think it may still be a way off as I am working on the last "feature" which is to allow the interface to be skinned. Once that's done I have been given the green light to replace the menus for our VFP app at work to use the TabMenu. If anything will determine if the interface has got what it takes to support a real application this will - unleashing it on 300+ unforgiving users will certainly test its mettle.
Aug 26, 2008 at 6:23 AM
Dear Goran how to implement and put the start menu icons, there is a beta version?