Printing in FoxCharts

Topics: General
Oct 14, 2009 at 6:19 PM
Edited Oct 14, 2009 at 7:02 PM

Hi all,

I'd think this would be a simple fix, but I'm a little stumped.

I've implemented FoxCharts and am trying to do final testing before distributing and application.  The folks that are testing this are running into problems when the try to print a chart directly to the printer.

I'm using the FoxChartsHelper class that uses code from one of the samples.  The button is simply using the ToPrinter() method in GDIPLUSX below:

LOCAL

loBmp as xfcBitmap

loBmp = This.Parent.Parent.oFoxcharts.oBmp

loBmp.ToPrinter()

Mine works fine and sends the chart to the printer, anyone else using this simply gets nothing to the printer.  They can click the button and don't get an error but don't get a printout either.

I'm compiling in all of the .VC? files in my .EXE and they have the SYSTEM.APP as well.

Any thoughts?

Oct 23, 2009 at 9:33 AM

Hi,

In anyone else's computer, where you get nothing: put a break in the click event and watch the result in the debugger.  This should give you an idea why nothing is done.

Regards,

Koen

Oct 23, 2009 at 3:11 PM

Unfortunately, clients don't have VFP installed to watch debug output.

I've used the workaround of using a VFP report form example for printing the chart object.

Thanks,

Tim

Oct 29, 2009 at 8:37 AM

I have a similar problem with another product: DBI Tech Calendar Tools.

This is really different from FoxCharts but on some PCs the direct print (without a VFP report) simply does nothing: no output, no errors.

I never solved this issue and even DBI Tech support can't help.

Maybe this is a VFP related problem, so please let me know if you find a solution, maybe can be helpful even in my case.....

Andrea

Oct 29, 2009 at 2:04 PM
Andrea,
No solution yet. I just went with the VFP report type of printing, although I ran into a problem with other clients printing this way until I discovered I had to ship the helper apps so they could preview and print that type of report.
Thanks and I'll let you know if I revisit this and find an answer,
Tim

Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2009 3:37 AM
To: tkline@gomarquis.com
Subject: Re: Printing in FoxCharts [VFPX:71982]

I have a similar problem with another product: DBI Tech Calendar Tools.

This is really different from FoxCharts but on some PCs the direct print (without a VFP report) simply does nothing: no output, no errors.

I never solved this issue and even DBI Tech support can't help.

Maybe this is a VFP related problem, so please let me know if you find a solution, maybe can be helpful even in my case.....

Andrea

Developer
Oct 31, 2009 at 4:37 AM

Hi TIm,

The "ToPrinter()" command comes from GdiPlusX.

There is a possible fix for that, but it will take some time. Anyway, using the "ToPrinter()" method was just a simple sample.

The recommended way to print FoxCharts is using the report designer, preferrably with the "DrawReport()" method. Please have a look at the available samples and in the HELP file available for download.

ANyway, I'd like to know the names of the printers that are not working with "ToPrinter()". PLease tell me the printer model, and the local name of the printer, if it is local or using a network printer.

Nov 16, 2009 at 2:41 PM

I had a print problem with the "ToPrinter" command with one client.  There were using a HP laserjet 2500 Driver PCL 6.  I changed to "DrawReport" and they can print now.  Thanks.