Hey guys, I Arrived!

Topics: Attention VFPX Admins
Aug 11, 2006 at 3:43 PM
Hey guys, I Arrived!
I am Brazilian and participant of the group FoxBrasil.
Excuse me, but I don't have a fluent English, on the contrary, it is bad.
I work with VFP9 and GDIPLUS, I began with the tool GPImage, that was supplied me by our friend César Chalom.
See a demonstrative of my work, in the link: http://www.viacachoeira.com.br/rafael/gdi_0003.wmv

I am here to collaborate in the one that I can!

Greetings,
Rafael Lippert
Aug 11, 2006 at 9:34 PM
Hey Rafael,
Welcome to codeplex.

I know you already have a great experience with GDI+. So it's time to start working on the new classes.

This work is fascinating. Pls download the latest stable version on the "releases" tab and start testing. Your feedback is very valuable.

Hope to hear from you soon !
Abração
César
Developer
Aug 14, 2006 at 3:15 PM
Hi Rafael,

Great to see you here! Very impressive video!

As Cesar said, download the latest release and try it out. There are several samples and we welcome any feedback that you provide.

We will be posting another release on Wednesday. In this release I will include a list of items that will need to be addressed to reach BETA status. If you can assist with any of those items, we would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Bo Durban
Aug 15, 2006 at 2:15 AM
Hello,
I am here still studying the tool GDI-X, I have some interesting ideas for her, but I am still familiarizing with the examples and foundations of the class.
I have some suggestions that would activate the students' understanding a lot, and they could be liberated as soon as possible. Such as:
- physical rescue of the drawing, of the type image\jpeg, for instance.
- examples less alienated to classes that end up mapping a complexity for understanding. Because in the current way, it pretends to be demonstrative, and not a didactic example.

I will study the tool, and as soon as I have material the disposition, I will publish here in the group.
Excuse me for my weak English speech.
Greetings,
Rafael Lippert
Aug 17, 2006 at 2:28 PM
Rafael,
Thanks for the feedback

>>- physical rescue of the drawing, of the type image\jpeg, for instance.
That's something really easy, I hope to create some examples showing it. Anyway, there are already 2 good examples that show saving images to files in the "Help" folder. One saves an image to JPEG setting the "quality" encoder parameter, and the other creates multiframe TIFFs.

- examples less alienated to classes that end up mapping a complexity for understanding. Because in the current way, it pretends to be demonstrative, and not a didactic example.
Documenting the library is a very hard task too.
We've started with the examples, because they also permit to us to test the various classes.
I've also started publishing some samples with some more detailed information in my blog. http://weblogs.foxite.com/cesarchalom/default.aspx

If you find any difficulties in understanding the codes, feel free to ask for help. If you want, you can create examples as well, maybe converting some of your existing GDI+ codes.

Abraço

Cesar