This project is read-only.

Thor is throwing error about EditorWin

Topics: Attention VFPX Admins
Jun 13, 2016 at 3:54 PM
Trying to use Thor for the first time ever and I'm getting:

Class definition EDITORWIN is not found
Jun 13, 2016 at 4:19 PM
Please provide more information -- what were you trying to do? Were you trying to use a particular tool, or the Thor Configuration Form, or the Tool Launcher?

Also, did you download the recommended projects from "Check For Updates"?

--
Jim Nelson

(805) 498-9195 (preferred)
(720) 837-3536 (cell)
Jun 13, 2016 at 5:19 PM
I started with a vanilla install of VFP 9 SP2. I created a directory for Thor, C:\Thor.

I started VFP, changed to the C:\Thor directory and executed Do Thor.app in the command windows. Thor gave me an installation prompt. I then ran Check for Updates and various menus came and went. I assume it did what it was supposed to because I now have a folder structure under C:\Thor. However, I do NOT have anything listed under Thor or Thor Tools menu like I see in your tutorial videos. Under Thor Tools I only have Settings & Misc and Thor (each has submenus). I choose Thor->Launcher and it works, shows a Tool Launcher menu. I choose All Thor Tools (trying to see all the tools you see in your video), and then choose Run Tool and I get:

Class definition EDITORWIN is not found.

I was trying to get the Git Util for Foxpro situation going... I've never used Thor before now.
Jun 13, 2016 at 9:34 PM
When you ran "Check For Updates" --- did you check "Install" so that the three projects checked off there would be installed?

Your description sounds like you did not (and, if not, what you are describing makes sense)

Jun 13, 2016 at 9:44 PM
Well, I have a menu option under Thor that says "Check for Updates". I assume that's THE "Check for Updates". There are no options for that selection and running it causes some dialogs to show while it's doing stuff, but there are no places to check "Install" and I have no idea what three projects you're talking about are.

On a side note, please understand that I'm not trying to be argumentative. You're giving me free support for a free program you gave the community and I am very grateful for it. :)
Jun 13, 2016 at 9:51 PM
Brett --

There's a problem that affects some users when installing.

Try this: after unzipping Thor.Zip, double-click on Thor.App in that folder. (Try this instead of executing Thor.App yourself).

During the installation process, if it works properly, the "Check For Updates" form should appear and you should be able to install the three basic projects (always needed by Thor) as will as any other projects you are interested in. (I suggest GoFish, for sure).

No problem on this end helping you get Thor installed -- I did not pour all that work into it so that people would be unable to use it.

Jun 13, 2016 at 10:22 PM
I saw the "double-click in the folder" solution posted somewhere else and dismissed it. But, that did the trick. After initial installation I got a menu of applications I could choose from with the first three already selected. Completing that process appears to be the same type of installation of Thor that I see in your videos. Then, knowing just the wee bit about Thor that I do, I copied everything under the Thor folder of where I double-clicked into the folder I was running Thor out of (my normal startup for VFP) and everything is working as expected now.

So for those of you in the future, yea, don't dismiss the "double-click Thor.app from the folder you unzip the initial file to" as a solution. :)

Thanks Jim for a great addon and great support.

~Brett
Jun 13, 2016 at 10:25 PM
You're welcome.

And, in the future, direct any questions you have to the Thor forum ([email removed]), which has wider readership than the VFPX forum.

Also -- please do not be hesitant about sending questions. You'll find plenty of help (and helpful people) there.