Previous releases

Topics: General
Aug 10, 2009 at 7:33 AM

Hi,

where can I find the previous releases of FoxCharts? I searched in CodePlex but without success. Is there a archive of FoxCharts project?

Thanks a lot
Maros Klempa

Aug 10, 2009 at 9:01 AM

Hi,

Which version do you require?

Just out of curiority why would you like to have an old version? The 1.19H is the lastest, most extensible, with all known corrections.  Previous versions have bugs/shortcomings

Regards,

Koen

Aug 12, 2009 at 4:30 AM

Hi,

I do not know which version. I must explain why I searched for it.
In my application I used for several months version 1.00.17 (really old one). It works well for me except one think (bug?).
My graphs are in pageframe. In such case tooltips on shapes are not showed correctly.

Last week I download recent version (1.19H) and I saw that this bug is solved. Voila! I installed it to may application.
But then I found two behaviors which are for me bad.
1. font used for scales legends are not nice. In version 1.00.17 edges of font was sharp, in 1,19H it is smudged.
2. automatic calculation of Y-scale range do not work well. In my app I can find examples when automatic calculation
cause that values in line graph are out-of-scale. In other words, graph line lead out of chart and return back.

First problem is not critical, I can live with it, no problem.
Second problem is serious. I can reproduce it in my app. If I use FoxCharts 1.00.17 files in my app, then recompile
app and run it, automatic calculation work well. Then I close app, replace FoxCharts files with 1.19H, recompile app
and run it, automatic calculation is wrong. When I return back 1.00.17 files it works again well. I don't touch source
code of app, simple exchange FoxCharts files.

This is the reason why I searched for some previous version. My idea is find version in which automatic calculation
work correctly.

Best Regards
Maros Klempa

Aug 12, 2009 at 7:07 AM

Marcos,

your 1) which font?

your 2) I believe it is better to correct the Yaxis problem  in FoxCharts 1.19H - version 1.00.17 sure very old one - I dont have that in my files anymore.

Would you be able to zip the application with FoxCharts.100.17 given the correct result and a screenshot of the result, with same data using 1.19H?

You may mail it to my personal email : koen_pillerAThotmailDOTcom

Regards,

Koen

Coordinator
Aug 12, 2009 at 6:30 PM

Marcos --

If you are able to provide the zip file, or any further information for that matter, that would help us identify and correct the problem you are experiencing in version 1.17, that would be greatly appreciated.

I believe that the best way to do so is go to the Issue Tracker tab in VFPx, where you are able to upload a file of up to 4 Meg.

Cheers

Jim Nelson

P.S.:  Am most curious about your report of problems with automatic calculations; most of that code was mine.

Aug 17, 2009 at 12:20 PM

Hello Koen and Jim,

it is not so easy to send whole my application. It is app which use as data backend MySQL server.
I do not know whether you are familliar with MySQL, whether you use it. If not it could be difficult
for you install it, configure it, store my data to it and then run my app.
But I am highly interesting to solve this problem. What else can I do to help you identify problem?
Send DBF table which is used as source for graphs? Send screenshots of graph under 1.00.17 and
under 1.19H? Send results of .GetChartProperties(3) method?

Best Regards
Maros Klempa

Aug 17, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Marcos,

no problem I am familiar with mySQL. However I would not need your whole application! Just mail me a the source.dbf and the method you use to activate FoxCharts.

and your foxcharts.vcx. A screenshot of both 1.00.17 en 1.19.H clearly indicating where it goes wrong is a help.

Which version of GDIPlusX.app are you using? If not the latest, please upload and apply that first and see if there is still a problem using 1.19.H

Regards,

Koen

koen_pillerAThotmailDOTcom

Developer
Aug 17, 2009 at 3:41 PM
Edited Aug 17, 2009 at 6:25 PM

Maros,

Yes, there was an update with some few fixes in the method "_CalculateScale", from Jim Nelson, that was included since release 1.18, in the beginning of July. At that time, Jim reported the following, and sent me a new code for that method : "The problems had to do with some instances where the scales were set odd, and also problems when setting the minimum value to something other than zero."

So, in a 1st moment, I'd suggest you just to copy / paste the contents from the method from your previous working version, and paste it to the newest, and tell me how it goes.

Anyway, if you need any previous version, I have them all, and hope to find some time to upload them separately in some weeks

Cesar

Coordinator
Aug 17, 2009 at 8:34 PM

Maros --

I, too, am interested in seeing whatever caused your problem.  As Cesar has indicated, the problem resulted from changes I gave him fairly recently.  However, until I see what is going wrong (perhaps the screenshots are enough), I don't have much of an idea how I can help.

Sep 4, 2009 at 12:02 PM

Hi all,

I sended screenshot, source table and result of GetChartProperties method to Cesar. I hope it help.

Maros