PEM Editor: Checkbox to allow to freeze refreshing of PEMs

Topics: Enhancement Request
Developer
Jun 9, 2009 at 10:37 AM

Hi

Thanks for this fine utility.  Recently I was trying to copy PEMs from one grid columns/headers/controls to another similar one, now that I was switching between the grid I noticed I had both the PEM Editor and Properties Sheet at my disposal.  I could perhaps select a control and let PEM Editor to refresh, tick/untick that freezes the grid in PEM Editor, switch to the second grid / control and poplate the required in the Property Sheet.

I am not sure if I was able to explain this properly, so please feel free to ask of me anything that I was not able to express adequately and I a hope this is a facility that could come in handy for other too.

Kind regards.

Bhavbhuti

Coordinator
Jun 9, 2009 at 11:14 AM

bhavbhuti --

I think your explanation was quite clear.

I'm not sure about how to implement this -- yet.  I'll give it some thought and get back to you on it.

In a way, this is quite ironic.  I've expended a lot of effort to make PEM Editor respond to changes to the currently selected object(s) -- and now your request is that, under some conditions, you want it not to respond.

Hope to get back to you soon on this.

Developer
Jun 9, 2009 at 11:44 AM

Thanks Jim for your quick response.  Yes I know your efforts and this request goes against the grain but if it is a practical request and PEM Editor is the only one that can be changed (not Properties Sheet) it falls into you lap :).

Awaiting your response and any way I can help just let me know.

Thanks and regards.

Coordinator
Jun 9, 2009 at 5:05 PM

Bhavbhuti --

I am working on getting Release 4.0 of PEM Editor out the door right now -- I had wanted to get it done by the end of May, but that didn't happen, as the beta testers have been finding a number of small things that have had to be worked out.  My hope is to have it out the last weekend of June, if there are no more major obstacles.

I think it is important to have a solution to your problem, but that solution will not be included in the upcoming release.

What I am considering is the ability to have PEM Editor open a second time, which would mean that you would be able to achieve what you want without using Property Window at all.  For now, however, that is just on the wish list for the following release.

Cheers,

Developer
Jun 9, 2009 at 6:20 PM

Wow!  That will be good to use the latest PEM Editor, eagerly awaiting the release, thanks.

I understand that it might not be in the next one and I am glad that you find the problem I outlined needs a solution.

Cheers!  Keep up the great work.