Gofish problem displaying program errors

Topics: Bug Information
Feb 17, 2015 at 5:53 PM
only discovered Gofish (and Thor) a few days ago. Very impressed with gofish. Makes searching my larger projects almost enjoyable.

Tried to go one step further today and use the Replace mode.

Filtered out the 253 lines that needed changing without difficulty but had all sorts of problems tryin to get the Replace mode to co-operate. The common problem was that it could not display any dialogue forms correctly.

When it hit errors and tried to display a "Program Error" messagebox (I assume from shape and size), all I got was a black box in the middle of the screen with the caption "Program Error".

It also attempted to report something in a "web page" which was also the size of the small "Program Error" messagebox and, on a near successful run, tried to open the debug window (I'm guessing) which was much bigger and on my second monitor (where my own debug window resides) but was also black.

On several occasions I got the error message "Not enough memory for this operation", which, given that I have 12 Gb of RAM I thought was a bit unlikely.

System summary: VFP9SP2 running on Win 8.1 fully patched.

Suggestions?
Developer
Feb 17, 2015 at 6:02 PM
It is easier to respond to support questions for GoFish if you post your questions to this Google Groups discussion board: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/foxprogofish