This project is read-only.

FoxCharts 1.17c -- Customization for tooltips

Jun 1, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Cesar --

As mentioned in another discussion, I frequently have charts where there are many data points -- typically 52, one per week.  As noted in that discussion, I will not have legends along the horizontal axis for all of these points -- for 52 data points, I would have only 13 legends.

Because there are so many datapoints, the tooltips which appear when you mouseover any data point needs to contain more information that it does -- right now, it shows two items: the name of the data series, and the value (Y-Axis).

I need to have a third value -- the legend from the X-Axis.

Ah, but not quite that, as many of the legends are blank ... what I really need is to be able to specifiy a secondary column which will contain the legend to be used when displaying tooltips.  Of course, this may not fit into your design, but it would be an extension that would not interfere with any current usage, I think.

Alternatively, I could always have my own custom method to do this.  However, it seems like .ShapeToolTip is not called with all the information that I would need.

Cheers,

Jim

Jun 1, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Hey Jim !

Thanks for posting.

Yes, it is already possible, I'll prepare a custom sample for the case you related here, I hope to publish it later tonight

Cheers

Cesar