ThemedTitleBar

Topics: Attention VFPX Admins, General, Press Release
Coordinator
Jan 3, 2015 at 4:00 PM
The TitleBar of a VFP form displayed ‘In Screen’ or ‘In Top-Level Form’ looks a bit outdated these day, at least running in Win8 and compared to Office 2013 or Visual Studio 2013. Additionally, its TitleBar color is different from a Top-Level Form. This project is designed to bring a modern look and feel to the TitleBar with very little programming.

Markus Winhard is the project manager for this VFPX project.
Developer
Jan 6, 2015 at 5:37 PM
Just uploaded the current code base to the source code repository. The sample form shows what's possible up to now.

Things on my todo list:
  • use current windows title bar color and system button colors
  • a second title bar class using same height, font size and icon size as a default windows title bar
Markus
Coordinator
Jan 6, 2015 at 5:38 PM
Thanks. I hope to get to this tonight.

Cheers

Coordinator
Jan 6, 2015 at 7:30 PM
Markus --

Making the code available in the source code repository does not make it visible for use by VFPX users.

For that, you need a release page that you can upload your zip file to.

(In fact, I have never accessed the source code repository).

Developer
Jan 6, 2015 at 7:49 PM
Source code in all CodePlex repositories is visible and downloadable to all users, but it’s a mess, and non-intuitive. So, I agree, attaching a zip and adding a download link on your project's info page is the best way to go if you want to easily share the code with most users.
Developer
Jan 7, 2015 at 9:31 AM
I've seen source code repositories where the download button just zips the project's current source tree, then sends it to the user's browser. As I saw Thor does quite the same. Perhaps it's possible to combine the two?

In the meantime I'll try to manually upload a zip file and make it available from the project page.

Markus
Developer
Jan 7, 2015 at 1:57 PM
Is there a screenshot of this yet?

Developer
Jan 7, 2015 at 4:17 PM
mw - Codeplex projects also have a download link/url for a zip of the repository. For example, the url for the current zip file of the vfpx project is:

http://download-codeplex.sec.s-msft.com/Download/SourceControlFileDownload.ashx?ProjectName=vfpx&changeSetId=107057

However, the problem is that the "changeSetId" value at the end of the url changes every time someone makes a new commit to the repo, and I do not know how we could determine the current id value to ensure we were downloading the very latest version if we did it with a Thor tool.

Another issue is that not all projects in VFPx are in the repo. For instance, I have never added GoFish or Dynamic Forms to the official repo, as I've always only made the source available as a separate zip file. I'm sure some of the other tools are in the same situation.
Coordinator
Jan 7, 2015 at 4:21 PM
RE: Projects not in CodePlex Repository.

None of the projects I manage -- PEM Editor, Thor, IntellisenseX, or Finder -- are in the CodePlex Repository.

It is precisely because of the inadequacies of the repository that Thor's "Check For Updates" has the responsibility for downloading VFPX projects.

Coordinator
Jan 7, 2015 at 4:24 PM
Markus,

You can still use the source code repository for the development advantages, AND make the ZIP download available via the downloads and a download page. I want to be sure you know this is not a one or the other.

The advantage of the download page is seeing how many times people have downloaded a release, and making it easier for Thor updates to be coordinated. The obvious repository advantages gives you a place to commit changes to the source and having the full history.

Rick
Feb 23, 2015 at 7:16 AM
Nice class, thanks. btw is it possible make different backcolor for each form?
which I mean, one form in red and the other in blue but still in one project.
Developer
Feb 23, 2015 at 9:58 AM
This one is easy. :-) Just write

Thisform.ThemedTitleBar1.BackColor = RBG(255,0,0)

at the end of your form's Init().

Markus
Feb 26, 2015 at 11:45 AM
Work great, thanks...
Developer
Apr 3, 2015 at 2:06 PM
Edited Apr 3, 2015 at 2:06 PM
Before V2015.3.4 there was a bug in ThemedTitleBar: If the first form using ThemedTitleBar had a private DataSession, this DataSession and all it's cursors were left open after the form was closed.

Please download the newest Version of ThemedTitleBar (at the time of this writing V2015.3.4) and replace ThemedTitleBarBase.vcx/vct in your projects.

Markus
Apr 20, 2015 at 2:44 PM
Hi
thank for sharing

There is update about a second title bar class using same height, font size and icon size as a default windows title bar?

Even if you do not have it, is there a way to reduce the height?
I do not even dare to try to put it on the form that configured to HalfHeightCaption.
Developer
Apr 20, 2015 at 3:50 PM
I have plans for a second title bar that uses current Windows title bar size and color.
I think this will fit best for forms with HalfHightCaption.

Unfortunately my plans don't include a date up to now.

Sorry.