Foxtabs: out of memory error

Topics: Bug Information
Jan 8, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Just tried to change my project's revision number by clicking Build/Version from the PM.  Got a message telling me there was "not enough memory to complete this operation".   After a bit of trial and error I discovered that I could bring up the version screen if I paused Foxtabs first. 

Don't know if this is a bug or a feature but thought I'd let folks know about it.  Certainly it's easy enough to work around once you know what to do.

--stein

Developer
Jan 10, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Stein,

Are you running the latest version of FoxTabs?  I've seen that error before in other places, but I pull up the Build/Version screen all the time while using FoxTabs.  It might be hard for me to repro.

Thanks,

Joel

Jan 12, 2013 at 12:53 AM

The version file shows FoxTabs 1.1 - 1.1 - Aug. 8, 2011 - 20110813  Assume that's the most current...

The project in question is fairly massive so I tried a smaller one.  I tried doing CLOSE ALL, CLEAR ALL first and then restarting FoxTabs and opening just the one project.  Still hit the memory limit.  So it must be something about my system - the machine has 4 Gigs of RAM so that should not be the issue.

As I said, it's no big deal.  I only use the version dialog occasionally - and then it's just a matter of using that nifty run/pause button on the FoxTabs bar.

--stein