what is VFPy?

Topics: Attention VFPX Admins
Jul 11, 2006 at 2:40 AM
Just saw a new codeplex project titled VFPy.

What the heck?

(if you can't find it do a search)
Jul 11, 2006 at 12:19 PM
VFPy is a spin-off of VFPX/SednaX initialized by claudeFox (I don't know his actual name). As I've read it he's the developer of ActiveVFP and he wanted to include ActiveVFP as a project in VFPX, but was declined. He then made a lot of fuss about the rejection and started SednaY/VFPy

Parts of the descussion can be found in the SednaX MessageBoard on
http://www.gotdotnet.com/codegallery/messageboard/messageboards.aspx?id=0826d7a6-1dab-4a71-8e70-f2170c3c1661

Sietse

Just a strange finding:
Search on VFP and VFPy is found. to find VFPX you'll have to type in the exact name?
Coordinator
Jul 22, 2006 at 1:52 PM
Sietse,

VFPy is not a spinoff of VFPX/SednaX. A spinoff is an action taken by the original organization to derive one product from another product. VFPy/SednaY was never a part of VFPX/SednaX. VFPy is different in most ways from VFPX when it comes to purpose and vision.

I believe the only commonality between the two is they are open/shared source and they are related to Visual FoxPro.

Your facts on why this alternative project was created are dead on. It was created as a reaction to ActiveVFP being declined as a project in SednaX.

Rick
Aug 11, 2006 at 4:39 PM
Ok Rick.
Point taken. Thanks for the correction.
Developer
Aug 14, 2006 at 8:15 PM
> Search on VFP and VFPy is found. to find VFPX you'll have to type in the exact name?

Good point. I believe it is because the text: "VFP" is not located in the description of VFPX.

Admins,
Can we add the text: "VFP" to the VFPX description.

Thanks, Bo