GDIPlusX: imgcanvas._hwnd

Topics: General
Oct 31, 2008 at 8:29 PM
Hello,

I'm playing around with GDIPlusX and I'am wondering if the imgcanvas._hwnd is ever assigned and used? If it is assigned, is _hwnd a handle to the imgcanvas instance?

Thanks,

Shane
Developer
Nov 1, 2008 at 5:18 AM
Hi Shane,

The _hwnd property is currently not being assigned. It is planned for future use. It will be a protected property and will be used for a special RenderMode that creates a client window as the canvas.

There are several functional abilities of imgCanvas that are abstracted. To provide maximum compatibility it is best to only refer to the oGFX property when drawing to imgCanvas.

If you need a reference to the HDC can use .oGFX.GetHdc( ) and .oGFX.ReleaseHdc( ). This will work no matter what the RenderMode is.

Does this help or do you still need an HWND?

Bo Durban
Nov 1, 2008 at 5:14 PM
Hi Bo,

Thank you for the response. Your answer does help. A lot!

I'm fairly new to VFP, so forgive me if I am wrong here. From what I have found, and judging by your response,
user controls on a VFP form do not actually have a handle? There are no handles to the controls directly on the VFP user forms.
Only the main objects such as '_Screen', user forms, Tool bars, and that sort of stuff. I'm thinking this
because you say '... creates a client window as the canvas'.

Thanks a bunch Bo!

Shane