FoxTabs added to VFPX

Topics: New Project Idea, Press Release
Coordinator
Oct 24, 2008 at 3:25 AM
FoxTabs has been in development for quite a few years on and off by Scott Scovell and Craig Bailey, but because of time constraints on the original development team the project hit a major lull. Joel Leach, a major fan of FoxTabs stepped forward and asked the original team if the project could be moved to VFPX, and then submitted the project.

So it is my distinct pleasure to announce that FoxTabs is officially hosted on VFPX and Joel Leach is the project manager for this important improvement to the VFP IDE. If you are interested in getting involved please see project page and connect with Joel to see how you can get involved as a developer, tester, documenter, or in marketing of this project.

Thanks Joel.
Developer
Oct 24, 2008 at 5:07 AM

Welcome in FoxTabs... It’s a great tool and I’m glad to know that it will continue to get some development effort.

I’ve got a few things (bugs / behaviors) I’ll share soon in a discussion thread on VFPx, so I won’t get into that now… I just wanted to say Hi and thanks for your efforts.

I’ll shoot you an e-mail when I post on VFPx, so that we can keep the conversation about it over in the official site.

Developer
Oct 24, 2008 at 5:16 AM
Rick / Joel - Check the Source Code page... The files seemed to have been uploaded MANY times.  You may want to clean that up.
Developer
Oct 24, 2008 at 11:09 PM
Sorry, my bad.  The FoxTabs directory structure is a bit difficult (from a source control point of view), and it took me a few tries to get it into TFS right.  I didn't realize something was recording my every mistake for all to see, LOL.