Foxcharts - Linechart

Topics: Enhancement Request, General
Jul 20, 2012 at 6:40 AM

Dear Foxcharters ;-)

i create a Linechart with 4 Charts. Maximum Value is 180000. 2 of the Charts are between 120000 and 170000. the other 2 Charts are in a range of 4000 and 10000. I try to figure out if it could be possible to make the Scale in the lower Range (under 40000) with more Details. YAxis like this (from Top): 180000,140000,100000,80000,40000,30000,20000,10000,0

Has anybody got an idea? Please let me know ;-)

Thanks in advance

Klaus

Coordinator
Jul 20, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Klaus --

The following is from the documentation I wrote for FoxCharts a few years ago. This
should be available from the FoxCharts web page.

Section 8: Customization

There are a number of different opportunities for customization available. Each of the methods is described in detail in the Help file and/or in their comments. There are also examples of some of these in the Samples folder.

Section 8.2: Changing Scaling Values and Legends

· GetScaleValue – returns the list of values displayed as the scale legends. The default method returns values in identical steps. The comments indicate how to create scale legends where the steps are not all the step size. (See form JN_Sample3 in the Samples folder.)

Jim Nelson
(805) 498-9195 (voice + fax)
(720) 837-3536 (cell)

On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 12:40 AM, KHentschel <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Dear Foxcharters ;-)

i create a Linechart with 4 Charts. Maximum Value is 180000. 2 of the Charts are between 120000 and 170000. the other 2 Charts are in a range of 4000 and 10000. I try to figure out if it could be possible to make the Scale in the lower Range (under 40000) with more Details. YAxis like this (from Top): 180000,140000,100000,80000,40000,30000,20000,10000,0

Has anybody got an idea? Please let me know ;-)

Thanks in advance

Klaus

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (VFPX@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email VFPX@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jul 22, 2012 at 6:43 AM

Hi Jim,

i see this part in the docu before (btw. very good job with the doc) and understand that this help to change the Legends. But i do not understand how to raise the Lines with the correct ValuesOnShape.

thanks

Klaus

Coordinator
Jul 23, 2012 at 5:26 PM
I am not sure what is not working here for you. The display of the vertical lines (and their legends)
should not have anything to do with shapes.

Can you provide some more information, possible in image, so I can understand what the problem is?

Jim Nelson
(720) 837-3536 (cell)

On Sat, Jul 21, 2012 at 11:43 PM, KHentschel <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Jim,

i see this part in the docu before (btw. very good job with the doc) and understand that this help to change the Legends. But i do not understand how to raise the Lines with the correct ValuesOnShape.

thanks

Klaus

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (VFPX@discussions.codeplex.com)

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Jul 24, 2012 at 6:20 AM
Edited Jul 24, 2012 at 6:27 AM

Hello Jim,

look into this Image. This is what I’m talking about. This are 2 FoxChart Images. You see that I put also the Values On the Shape. Previously I want to put it in One Image, but the lower Blue line in a Range from 4500 and 6500 was too low in comparison with the upper green line in a Range from 130000 and 170000. Your Suggestion to change the Y-Legends is an good Idea… But how can I raise the blue line and still get correct values ​​on the shape?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / with best Regards 

Klaus Hentschel

I do not see the Image here. I send it over Mail to this treat because i do not know how to add images here. Do you know how?

Klaus

Coordinator
Jul 24, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Klaus --

Unfortunately, I cannot see your images. Something with GMail, I assume. Could you please send the image as an attachment instead?

Jim Nelson
(720) 837-3536 (cell)

On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 11:21 PM, KHentschel <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

> Hello Jim, > > look into this Image. This is what I’m talking about. This are 2 FoxChart Images. You see that I put also the Values On the Shape. Previously I want to put it in One Image, but the lower Blue line in a Range from 4500 and 6500 was too low in comparison with the upper green line in a Range from 130000 and 170000. Your Suggestion to change the Y-Legends is an good Idea… But how can I raise the blue line and still get correct values ​​on the shape? > > > > Mit freundlichen Grüßen / with best Regards > > Klaus Hentschel >

Hello Jim,

look into this Image. This is what I’m talking about. This are 2 FoxChart Images. You see that I put also the Values On the Shape. Previously I want to put it in One Image, but the lower Blue line in a Range from 4500 and 6500 was too low in comparison with the upper green line in a Range from 130000 and 170000. Your Suggestion to change the Y-Legends is an good Idea… But how can I raise the blue line and still get correct values ​​on the shape?

Klaus Hentschel

Jul 24, 2012 at 4:45 PM
> Hi Jim, > > next try ;-) > > Mit freundlichen Grüßen / with best Regards > > Klaus Hentschel >

Hi Jim,

next try ;-)

Klaus Hentschel

Jul 24, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Edited Jul 24, 2012 at 4:53 PM

do not think I'm stupid...

I try to attach an image here. As embeded, as attachment... nothing work...

Jim, i arrange the problem now with creating 2 Charts and bring them together in a report. The user do not see an different...

thanks for your help and also again for the good Documentation of the FoxChart !!!

Bye

Klaus