This project is read-only.

FoxCharts -- Line Charts start at Axis?

Topics: Enhancement Request
Aug 12, 2008 at 7:34 PM
There has been something about Line Charts that has struck me as odd without being able to put a finger on it.  Now I can.

The first column of data for Line Charts is drawn actually on the Axis; the last column is drawn at the far right of the chart.  Now doubt this makes sense for many charts.

However, in some instances it is much more appealing to start the data for the first column away from the axis (ditto for the last column).

The simplest way to visualize this is with your sample form.  If you choose "Lines", you'll see the label for column 1 directly under the the axis, the label for column 8 at the far right.  There are eight data points, but the chart area is only divided into seven steps.

If you then choose multi-bars, you'll see the labels move -- they are now centered under each group of bars.  The chart area is now divided into eight steps.

My suggestion (it's about time that I get to it) is that Line Charts at least have the option of having the first and last columns being placed away from the left/right areas of the chart.  In fact, if you placed the labels the same way you placed them for multi-bars, and center the data over these labels, it would look very good.

Cheers,

Jim

Aug 17, 2008 at 4:39 AM
Hi Jim,

I've already prepared something like this some time ago.
I'd like you to change the value of the property "MultiChart" from .F. to TRUE, and run the lines chart.

Is that what you are looking for ?

Hope to hear from you about this !

Thanks

Cesar