This project is read-only.

Use GDIPlusX outside of FoxPro?

Topics: General
Jun 30, 2008 at 6:58 PM
Hi there. I found your project while looking for a way to draw in the CMYK color space. I noticed your GDIPlusX does this! I also noticed that it's intended for use with Visual FoxPro. Is it possible to use GDIPlusX with a standard C# .NET 2.0 application? (I hope so, because it appears impossible to do CMYK drawing with the current release of GDI+).

Thanks,
Alan Balkany
alan.balkany@efi.com
Jul 3, 2008 at 10:51 PM
Hi AlanB,

Yes, you could using COM interop. There would be an overhead hit that may or may not be acceptable depending on your intended application. Might be easier to study the API calls that GDIPlusX is making and call them in the same fashion from within C#.
Jul 4, 2008 at 4:27 PM
Hi AlanB,

GDIPlusX uses ARGB, just like .NET's System.Drawing namespace. The only CMYK support is the ImageAttributes.SetOutputChannel and a couple of other Image functional areas, the same as .NET. What gave you the impression that GDIPlusX supports CMYK drawing? We may need to correct some documentation.

Thanks,
BinaryBo
Jul 8, 2008 at 2:12 PM
craigsboyd and binarybo,

Thanks for the replies.  Pages like http://weblogs.foxite.com/vfpimaging/archive/2007/02/28/3381.aspx gave me the impression GDIPluxX could handle CMYK, but looking at it more closely I can see it doesn't do drawing.  That's ok; I figured out a way to trick GDI+ into doing CMYK drawing.

Regards,
Alan