This project is read-only.

Source Repository

Topics: General
Jun 5, 2008 at 12:04 PM
Are all pieces being added to the Source repository?

I did a recent "get latest" and did not see SCCTEXTx or the new ThemedControls in the Source database. I'm wondering if it's "me" or a problem with the cpc.exe tool?
Jun 6, 2008 at 9:30 AM
While I do see the SCCTEXT in the source I downloaded, a number of the VFPX projects that have source have not yet been added to the the repository. This may be something that the VFPX Admins need to be more vigilant about - leaving it up to the individual project managers doesn't seem to be working very well. Akelsoft, while the cpc.exe works ok, if you want something a little more robust (has a UI) I would highly recommend Teamprise Explorer. They even offer a license for free for those working on CodePlex projects. Granted, it doesn't generate the SCCTEXT files needed for active VFP development or integrate into the VFP IDE as a provider, it does provide a very intuitive and useful standalone tool for managing certain aspects of the source control here.
Jun 6, 2008 at 10:37 AM
Hey Craig,

I'm flipping between a variety of the SSC tools. I just did a search of the codebase and did find the SCCTEXTX code-base  - must have missed it the first time around.

I guess part of the challenge with the source repository is ensuring others are working with it - it will make it much easier when we can actually see more than one dev doing something on a project. (GDIPlusX as an exception)

I did try the TeamPrise but never got the license - I'll have to see about it. Then again CPC worked really well for what I initially needed it for.

As I recently noted on Twitter, anything has to be better than downloading the 256MB Team System Explorer just for reviewing source code <g>.

Andrew