Kicking things off !!!

Topics: Attention VFPX Admins
Jun 28, 2006 at 2:51 PM
Am I the first VFPr that's posted an issue?

Anyway, I just wanted to thank all of the VFPx lead developers for getting things going. This is going to be excellent for the VFP community! I'd also like to say that I like CodePlex much better than the GotDotNet site which reqired a M$ Passport to register. (I'm Passport adverse. <g>)

Here's a toast to the future of VFP and VFPx!!!

-Kevin Cully
Coordinator
Jun 29, 2006 at 12:16 AM
Hey Kevin!

Yes, you would be the first. We (Rick, Doug, and I) are still setting everything up in here. So, certain things are likely to be added or changed before we start encouraging SednaX members to come over.

As for this site compared to the CodeGallery... I couldn't agree with you more (though I am not quite so passport adverse as you are).
Developer
Jun 29, 2006 at 2:26 PM
Hey Craig - glad to see it's all coming together here. I'm with you - I actually didn't mind Passport but I love having the issue tracker (you'll note that Code Analyst already has two <bg>).

How do we get our names added to the PeopleList?
Coordinator
Jun 30, 2006 at 9:46 PM
Members of SednaX will be added as we (Rick, Doug, and I) get closer to having this site ready for primetime use. Project managers (such as yourself) will be added first, then we will add the other developers that are actively working on the VFPX projects.

Regrettably there will be some confusion as we work out all the details here. Your question was a good one and I appreciate the opportunity to talk about it. Thank you.