This project is read-only.

Project Hooks Manager/X

Topics: General, Attention VFPX Admins
May 19, 2008 at 1:03 PM
Any one know of a Project hook builder that lets you chain Project Hooks?

If not, could this not be a useful project here?

As well, this could be the creation of a tool that does the Solution Explorer style but also combined other useful elements in here.

I've searched but haven't found anything along these lines and since the VFP Solution Explorer isn't happening, I was wondering about thoughts?

I have a real business need to chain Project hooks - which is why I ask.
May 19, 2008 at 3:03 PM

Akselsoft wrote: Any one know of a Project hook builder that lets you chain Project Hooks?

Hi Andrew, isn't that what Toni Feltman's ProjecthookX is all about?  That's PD since at least 1998 as far as I remember...

wOOdy 

Microsoft Visual FoxPro Technology Advisor

Microsoft "Most Valuable Professional" since 1996

Visit my XING profile! Don't know  what XING is?

"*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´. (¸.·` *

.·`.Visual FoxPro: It's magic !
(¸.·``··*

May 19, 2008 at 3:09 PM
We've been using it for years with VFE. Not much has changed with it since the initial release. We'd be happy to contribute it to VFPX.
May 19, 2008 at 3:14 PM
Edited May 19, 2008 at 3:19 PM
Hi Andrew,

btw: did you know that you asked that very same question exactly two years ago at the SednaX Forum at GotDotNet.com:

Mittwoch, 24. Mai 2006 20:08
Does anyone know if there's such an animal as a Project Builder X?
A project builder hook that allows other hooks to co-exist with it?
I have an idea for a small Project Hook but since so many others may exist, it would really need to integrate better with others.
Workspace: SednaX Thread: ProjectBuilder Extensions Posted By: akselsoft

Mittwoch, 24. Mai 2006 20:16
Hi Andrew.
Several years ago, Toni Feltman wrote ProjectHookX, which is a chainable ProjectHook system.
Doug

Workspace: SednaX Thread: ProjectBuilder Extensions Posted By: dhennig

Seems to be a long running project... ;)

wOOdy

Jun 9, 2008 at 9:33 PM
Mike,

Please consider this a request to put ProjectHookX into VFPX.

This could be super handy in so many ways, especially in a number of the projects I'm thinking of (Code Analyst, Task List and more).

Andrew
Jun 12, 2008 at 3:33 PM
Mike,

I would also like to see a project proposal submitted for ProjectHookX.
Feb 8, 2009 at 12:44 PM
Several years ago I wrote a Project Hook that allowed a Dev to chain multiple PHs.  You can find it at HTTP:\\www.GLRsoftware.com\Download.asp.  Look for Multiple PrjectHooks.  There are also several Ph I have found across the web.  It is public domain.  Currently, I have been using it in my latest project (Version Control via Project Hook).  One of the coolest PH is the QuerySaveFile and QueryCloseFile events.  These fire when a editted file is closed.  This is one the missing features of the PH events.  Downoad it and use as wish.  But, if you do, please mention me.

Oct 1, 2009 at 4:40 PM

What about Rick Schummer's "WLC Project Builder and ProjectHook" (http://www.whitelightcomputing.com/prodprojectbuilder.htm) ?!

I've incorporated this in my vfp dev toolbox and so far it's great. I've tweaked with it so i can set diferent hook properties per project but aside of that no changes had to be done. I even created my own hooks (from my old fat general project hook class). 

Whan i'm trying to say is that these tools are great and highly-etensible and if Rick will allow should be added to VFPX.

Oct 8, 2009 at 7:16 PM

Andrew,

Long time in coming, but ProjectHookX was officially added to VFPX today.

Rick

Oct 8, 2009 at 8:20 PM
Great news - thanks

Andrew MacNeill
Phone: 613-851-4496
Phone: 415-578-4496 (US-based)
Fax: 415-901-4844

Schedule Meetings via: http://www.jifflenow.com/grp/Andrew_MacNeill

On Thu, Oct 8, 2009 at 2:16 PM, RickSchummer <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Andrew,

Long time in coming, but ProjectHookX was officially added to VFPX today.

Rick

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (VFPX@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email VFPX@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com