Thor - tool template suggestion

Topics: Enhancement Request
Aug 13, 2011 at 11:47 PM

Could the template for new tools be enhanced by passing the parameter received to the 'ToolCode' procedure ?!

ln 38: Do ToolCode With lxParam1

ln 46: Procedure ToolCode( lxParam1 ) 

maybe even Procedure ToolCode( lxParam1 As in_thor_class_name ) if <in_thor_class_name> is available in IDE for intellisense 

Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011 at 12:02 AM
Maybe you can explain what you are trying to achieve.

When executed, the tools are not called with any parameter at all, and that won't change.

And, you can modify any tool as you see fit.

So, what's up?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre

On Aug 13, 2011 7:47 PM, edyshor <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Could the template for new tools be enhanced by passing the parameter received to the 'ToolCode' procedure ?!

ln 38: Do ToolCode With lxParam1

ln 46: Procedure ToolCode( lxParam1 )

maybe even Procedure ToolCode( lxParam1 As in_thor_class_name ) if <in_thor_class_name> is available in IDE for intellisense

Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011 at 2:02 AM
Actually, you can add as many parameters as you want to the PRG and procedure ToolCode -- as long as the code for processing the first parameter stays in effect.

Jim

On Sat, Aug 13, 2011 at 7:47 PM, edyshor <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

ln 38: Do ToolCode With lxParam1

ln 46: Procedure ToolCode( lxParam1 )

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (VFPX@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email VFPX@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

--
Jim Nelson
(805) 498-9195 (voice + fax)
(720) 837-3536 (cell)
Aug 14, 2011 at 1:18 PM

I know .. 

I uploaded a tool ("Dev Bookz") i've just Thor-ified to the repository last night (i'm guessing these arrive to your inbox for approval) and you'll see there that it works by calling itself (the prg) with various parameters. Now i've changed the lines like above to preserve the already working model, but i thought that is no biggie to include them in the original template. 

Like i said is just a suggestion, not a requirement :)

Instead it could be nice if there was a mechanism in Thor to edit/replace the standard template (selecting a prg as a template ?!) - also a simple suggestion.