FFC patches

Topics: General
Apr 18, 2008 at 9:06 PM
I just found a bug in _movers.vcx relating to the dimensions of the source array. What's the best way to go about patching it? Submit the new file, or use TwoFox/SVN to only submit a diff?
Coordinator
Apr 29, 2008 at 4:00 PM
Hi Sarek,

How large of a change is the fix? If it is just a few lines of code can you post them here or send them to me? I'd be happy to credit you with the fix and make the changes to the release.
Developer
Apr 30, 2008 at 11:30 AM
Hi Craig,

I have also three fixes for _gdiplus.vcx.
I submitted one of them directly to Walter Nicholls, some few weeks before the release of SP2, but I think he could not send it.

Is it worth dealing with _GdiPlus.vcx ?

The issues are in a specific situation for the function "GetPropertyItem" and in "DrawString" and "MeasureString". For the case of the last 2 functions, it affects only Japanese and Chinese users, just change where we have the function "LEN" for "LENC()". In GdiPlusX, we've already fixed this.
Coordinator
Apr 30, 2008 at 1:43 PM
VfpImaging,

Yes, absolutely it's worth dealing with. While I prefer to use GDIPlusX, there are plenty of VFP developers that use the _gdiplus.vcx library. All bug fixes for any of the FFC and XSource bits are welcome and appreciated here on VFPX.
Developer
Apr 30, 2008 at 4:47 PM
Hi Craig,

What's the best way to submit them ?
Can I send them directly to your email ?

Issue tracker ?
Just tell me how to proceed.

Regards

Cesar
Coordinator
May 3, 2008 at 8:21 AM
VfpImaging,

You could send me the changes... But, I would rather have you use source control to make the changes and include a note as to why the changes were made when you check-in the file(s). The _FFC is part of VFPX and is in source control.
Coordinator
May 16, 2008 at 7:06 PM
VfpImaging,

Did you resolve what to do with this? If you are having any problems please feel free to email or otherwise contact me. I would be happy to help.
Developer
May 16, 2008 at 9:41 PM

craigsboyd wrote:
Did you resolve what to do with this? If you are having any problems please feel free to email or otherwise contact me. I would be happy to help.

Hi Craig,
In fact I have to reinstall "Source Control" in my machine. That's why I still did not upload the fixed files.
And this is the reason that I still did not upload "FoxCharts" too.

I hope to find some time this weekend and will upload the fixes directly.

Thanks !

Cesar
Coordinator
May 17, 2008 at 7:57 PM
At some point I may need to do a screen cast on the source control here. I know you've had it setup before when working with GDIPlusX, but there seems to be a lot of new and existing VFPX users that find it difficult to understand what to do in order to use source control here effectively. There are a lot of alternatives available. As an admin I like to use the Teamprise Explorer, but other solutions that integrate into the VFP IDE are better for actually contributing to a project with code changes or enhancements. In any event, thank you for all your hard work on GDIPlusX and now FoxCharts. It is noticed and appreciated.
Developer
May 18, 2008 at 9:44 AM
Edited May 18, 2008 at 9:46 AM
Hi Craig,

>> need to do a screen cast
yeah! As you know I struggled too.  I first installed the "MS Visual Studio Team Explorer 2005" which is a 250 Mb download, and later on gets a 442Mb Servicepack via WindowsUpdate. Yikes! After at least half an hour of installation you're happy to have a very slow responding interface (I'm using Sourcegear's VAULT here in production, and even though that one is also written in NET, it's quite snappy in comparison), which hung several times endlessly in my first tests.

I then followed your advice to try Teamprise Explorer. This is a Java-based client, which you you just download, unzip und run it.  This one works much better than the MS stuff, even though it also needs a huge runtime (the Java engine also needs at least 80Mb; I wonder how VFP manages it to run with 4MB?)  The interesting part here is the mixture of technologies we're now using:

So we need a JAVA-Client to sucessfully connect to a NET-based Management-system to control our PRE-NET development. 
DUH!  That's interoperability at it's best ;)

wOOdy 

Microsoft Visual FoxPro Technology Advisor

Microsoft "Most Valuable Professional" since 1996

Visit my XING profile! Don't know  what XING is?

"*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´. (¸.·` *

.·`.Visual FoxPro: It's magic !
(¸.·``··*

Developer
May 19, 2008 at 11:57 AM
Woody,

I'm using the CodePlex standalone check in tool and it works really well.

I wrote about it here.

http://tinyurl.com/6kqt2l

Command line at best - but what's really needed here is an integrated client with VFP/X.

FYI - love the tag-line!
Developer
May 28, 2008 at 4:01 AM
Edited May 28, 2008 at 4:14 AM
craigsboyd wrote:
Done !
I've uploaded a fixed version of _gdiplus.vcx containing the following fixes:
 - GpImage.GetPropertyItem - now can retrieve correctly metadata info when PropertyTagType = Byte, also, enables retrieval of PropertyTagUndefined

More info about this bug in the UTMAG article:
Saving and retrieving metadata information from your pictures with GDI+

- GpGraphics.DrawStringA - replaced the LEN() function for LENC() in order to support double-byte characters, used in Japan and China

- GpGraphics.MeasureStringA - replaced the LEN() function for LENC() in order to support double-byte characters, used in Japan and China

PS: Added a WorkItem, in order to make it easier to track the modifications in the future
http://www.codeplex.com/VFPX/WorkItem/View.aspx?WorkItemId=16817
Coordinator
May 28, 2008 at 9:15 PM
VFPImaging,

Great job. Thanks for all of your efforts on behalf of the VFP Community and VFPX.