Source control?

Topics: General
Nov 28, 2006 at 8:14 PM
Excuse my ignorance, perhaps I just didn't find the appropriate page around, but what's the current method of source control used for VFPX projects? Is it all binary, or could I contribute patches via scX (http://paulmcnett.com/scX.php) or similar?

Coordinator
Jun 18, 2007 at 1:15 PM
petercrabtree,

This is another post that I should have answered much sooner. My apologies. The process is a little more complex than one would like it to be, but Bo Durban and I am working on a reference page here on VFPX to help members navigate the labyrinth of technologies, installs, and features required to successfully utilize CodePlex's source code control from within Visual FoxPro. You'll find a link to the information at the bottom of the VFPX home page in the FAQ section. Some of the information and screen shots may be a little dated at this point as the information was taken from an email I sent out to explain the process back when VFPX first moved here. We hope to have the information up-to-date sometime this week.

Thank you for this question. It is one of the reasons that participation here on CodePlex in VFPX has been somewhat low. A developer can figure it out if they really want to, however CodePlex doesn't exactly make it point-and-click easy. So, I'm hoping that the new reference page will give us somewhere to point new members to when they wish to start contributing.