Code Analyst

Topics: Enhancement Request, General
Apr 7, 2011 at 10:26 AM

Hi,

The release text in the download section of this forum makes a remark about samples included - The download only provides anlalyst.app - where am I supposed to find these samples?

Encounter a problem when running Analyst on my pjx:  "Unhandled Stuctured Exception. Code 1098. Message: File does not exist. on line 792 of analfile. User Value: "

Any idea how to tackle this?

Regards,

Koen

Developer
Apr 11, 2011 at 10:27 AM

The samples included would be a reference to the rules that are provided.

If you are getting this error, what directory are you running Code Analyst in?

Apr 11, 2011 at 11:40 AM

Hi,

I am running Code Analyst in C:\Program Files\Micrososoft Visual Foxpro\Analyst 

OS Win 74-32 - VFP 9 SP2

analyzing :  E:\ProjectsVFP\Dravers\Dravers.pjx

Where to find  the rule levels?  I have only 1 file:  Analyst.app  Did I miss something in the download section?

Regards,

Koen

Developer
Apr 14, 2011 at 8:36 AM

Analyst.app should be in the VFP Home folder. In the VFP home folder, you should see a file named CODERULE.DBF

Are you running the latest Analyst.app?

If you can't find these files, send me a direct email to andrew @aksel.com

Developer
Apr 14, 2011 at 9:15 AM

Try running DO ANALYST.app WITH "-CONFIG" and see if it opens the Configuration Pane.

Apr 14, 2011 at 10:01 AM
Hi Andrew,

Yes that works! And that allows me to make the changements / point to the Coderule.dbf etc.
Will see this allows me to do the job Analyst was designed to do.

Last question,

I have in my VFPstartup.prg a line:

Do "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual FoxPro 9\analyst.app"

which will give me the nice alteration on VFPmenu Tools-> Code Analyst...
but also it starts the Code Analyst first thing when you start a new VFP session, not a big deal, close the Analyst and you can work as usual. However it would be elegant to change the VFPMenu without a start of Analyst and therefore no need to close it.

Regards,

Koen
++++++++++++++++

2011/4/14 akselsoft <notifications@codeplex.com>

Try running DO ANALYST.app WITH "-CONFIG" and see if it opens the Configuration Pane.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (VFPX@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email VFPX@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Developer
Apr 19, 2011 at 11:58 AM
Is everything working the way you would expect it to now?

I am preparing a fix that will let you start it without prompting for a file.

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 6:01 AM, Koen <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Andrew,

Yes that works! And that allows me to make the changements / point to the Coderule.dbf etc.

Last question,

but also it starts the Code Analyst first thing when you start a new VFP session, not a big deal, close the Analyst and you can work as usual. However it would be elegant to change the VFPMenu without a start of Analyst and therefore no need to close it.

Regards,

Koen
++++++++++++++++

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (VFPX@discussions.codeplex.com)

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

--
Andrew MacNeill
Phone: 613-851-4496
Phone: 415-578-4496 (US-based)
Fax: 415-901-4844

Schedule Meetings via: http://www.jifflenow.com/grp/Andrew_MacNeill
Apr 19, 2011 at 4:01 PM
HI,

Indeed. everything is working as I would like it to be. The fix will be welcomed!
FYI I have now in my vfpstartup: Do "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual FoxPro 9\analyst.app" WITH "-CONFIG"
and therefore when I start VFP I do get imm. the "Code Analyst etc"scx which I close to be able to continue with usual work.

Best regards,

Koen

2011/4/19 Akselsoft <notifications@codeplex.com>

Hi Andrew,

Last question,

Regards,

Koen
++++++++++++++++

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

--
Andrew MacNeill

Developer
Apr 19, 2011 at 4:15 PM
Glad to hear it. If you have some ideas for other Analyst Rules, please let me know.

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 12:01 PM, Koen <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

HI,

Indeed. everything is working as I would like it to be. The fix will be welcomed!
FYI I have now in my vfpstartup: Do "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual FoxPro 9\analyst.app" WITH "-CONFIG"
and therefore when I start VFP I do get imm. the "Code Analyst etc"scx which I close to be able to continue with usual work.

Best regards,

Koen

2011/4/19 Akselsoft <notifications@codeplex.com>

Hi Andrew,

Last question,

Regards,

Koen
++++++++++++++++

--
Andrew MacNeill

--
Andrew MacNeill