Scanner Data Stuck

Topics: General
Mar 7, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Greetings everyone,

Im currently working on an application (VFP 8.0) for my company that is tracking timecard information (clocking in/job duration..etc).  the method of identifying each employee is by scanning a barcode on an ID badge.  So i have set up a combobox to capture the scanned data, then it interacts with an ODBC in windows 7 connected to sql 2005 db. we have several dedicated workstations throughout the building with this application running.  Some of these are connected via wireless.

The Problem I am encountering is that the data scanned on the wireless stations will occasionally get "stuck" and no matter what number is scanned (or typed in manually) it always shows the same person's information.  closing and re-opening the application corrects the issue.  However, due to security concerns, the application is designed to take up the entire screen and be the only thing running on that station, there's a password to close it.. etc etc. So closing/reopening is not a valid solution.

So, do any of you wise developers out there have any ideas why this is happening? 

Mar 7, 2011 at 2:27 PM

Hi,

I believe you are better off to post this question in a VFP forum, like Foxite, Universe or TekTips as this is not realy a question relateted to VFPX but more a general VFP-question.

Regards,

Koen

Mar 7, 2011 at 2:45 PM

Ah, I suppose you have a point.  An open source solution is probably not what I am looking for.  Thank you!