Help to create an image

Topics: Attention VFPX Admins
Developer
Feb 29, 2008 at 7:48 PM
I'm working on a new ZoomNavBar version and need a help from some experts in images...
In the new control version, I've added the "reflect effect" like Mac OS Leopard, but, to finish the work, I need a PNG transparent image to place between normal and reflected images (to "look" like a mirror/glass).
Here you can see a sample: http://images.appleinsider.com/leopard-launch-gal-1.png
If you take a look at the bottom of this image you'll see a bar (that seems like a mirror/glass) with a lot of icons over it. Is this mirror/glass transparent image that I need. I'll place my normal icons/images over them and my "reflected" icons/images under them to "simulate" Mac OS Leopard bar effect.
Please, someone with skills on image manipulation could create this image for me?
Thanks a lot!
Coordinator
Mar 2, 2008 at 10:43 PM
Hi Emerson,

Looks like Bernard Bout has already done this. You might want to check out his work...

http://weblogs.foxite.com/bernardbout/archive/2007/12/31/5509.aspx

Rick
Developer
Mar 3, 2008 at 12:12 PM
Hi Rick!
I saw Bernard Bout work. But, before he released BBZoomBar, he (and other users) asked me to make some changes in ZoomNavBar, but only now I have some time available to implement the suggestions.
Because this, I would like to do something little different from Bernard's control. For example, in this new version, I've used Carlos Alloatti's Ctl32_BalloonTip control instead of native VFP tooltips and fixed the bugs when ZoomNavBar is in a toolbar. So, to reinforce this difference, I would like to use a different image (preferrably one that looks more like Mac OS Leopard).
Coordinator
Mar 3, 2008 at 4:59 PM
Is there anything in his implementation with respect to the reflection image that you can leverage to make it work for you?
Developer
Mar 3, 2008 at 6:43 PM
Rick,

About Bernard's reflection implementation, I think that the only thing that is possible to leverage is the creation of reflected images using GDI+ to avoid the need of "manually" create two images. This way, the developer can only specify the normal image and the control automatically create another image with transparency and rotation.

Despite of this, I still need an image to place in the middle of normal and reflected images to create the "illusion" that the normal images are above and reflected images are under the glass...
Developer
Mar 6, 2008 at 11:10 AM
Finally found the image to use in ZoomNavBar to look like a glass/mirror!