OutlookNavBar only 5 buttons.

Topics: Bug Information
Aug 19, 2010 at 5:06 PM

I'm using the OutlookNavBar in a couple of applications I've currently written.

I noticed that it will only allow up to 5 buttons on the bottom of the bar.

Also I seem to randomly get an error when clicking on the button on the bottom right of the tool. The button that pops up the menu with the list of different themes and a list of all the buttons available.

Also, it always comes up with "Navigation" as the title at the top, this should ideally come up with the title of the first button as this is the pane that is displayed when the tool initializes.

Coordinator
Aug 23, 2010 at 3:47 PM

Hi Jay.

I'm not seeing any of these issues. Perhaps we could start with the error. "get an error" isn't very helpful information: what's the error message, method, line number, etc.?

Doug

Aug 24, 2010 at 9:32 AM

Doug,

Here is a bit better run down on the problems. I admit that I need to do a bit more investigation, but I was hoping that someone had already solved the problems and could save me some time.

Please see attached for complete comments.

If you have any questions, let me know. I would be more than willing to work on these controls as I see them as a great asset to my programs.

I’ll let you know later in the week when I have a chance to try to do a bit more investigation into what is causing the problems.

Cheers

Jay

Sent: Monday, August 23, 2010 8:48 AM
To: jay@isasi.com
Subject: Re: OutlookNavBar only 5 buttons. [VFPX:224131]

Hi Jay.

I'm not seeing any of these issues. Perhaps we could start with the error. "get an error" isn't very helpful information: what's the error message, method, line number, etc.?

Doug

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (VFPX@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email VFPX@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
Aug 24, 2010 at 4:47 PM

Hi Jay.

There was no attachment, possibly because you sent it as an email. Try posting directly on the forum instead.

Doug

Aug 24, 2010 at 9:20 PM
Edited Aug 24, 2010 at 9:24 PM

Well it doesn't appear to allow attachments, so here is a link to the word document.

http://isasi.com/download/ThemedControls.doc

Then name for the download is Themed
The password is Controls1

Thanks for the help

Cheers
Jay

Coordinator
Aug 24, 2010 at 11:20 PM

Hi Jay.

• For the "only get 5 buttons issue", set MaxShowedButtons to 6 (or whatever value you want).
  • For the issue about seeing "Navigation" at the top, set SelectedButton to 1 to force that panel to be selected.
  • I can reproduce the issue about the buttons all becoming highlighted. It appears that MouseLeave isn't firing under some conditions. I'm guessing that's a VFP issue. Rather than using an OutlookNavBar in _SCREEN and a borderless form beside it, why not add OutlookNavBar to a form and have a container beside it instead? That's what I use and I don't see the issue you mentioned.
  • I'm guessing the "file or path not found" issue is related to images. Make sure the images you specify in AddButton are in the VFP path and that you don't change the path.

Doug

Aug 25, 2010 at 12:58 AM

Doug

Thanks for the quick response.

I'll set the MaxShowedButtons, I had already found the SelectedButton and figured out that I had to set it to get the proper page to show.

As to to why the design is the way it is. I had already built all the forms before I decided to use the Outlooknavbar. Also in my design (both for this and for an existing program) when you switch the button you also switch the form. I'll see if I can figure out a simple fix for this.

I'll play with the "File or Path not found" however the icons never change place, they are all in a graphics folder. I will try hard coding the paths though just to see if the problem disappears.

Cheers
Jay