Outlook2003Bar Items

Topics: General
Developer
Nov 2, 2006 at 4:51 PM
I'm not sure if these are necessarily issues so if they are, please let me know and I will add them but.

I subclassed the code so that I could have its own ShowTabs method instead of putting it into the Init. This allows me to dynamically create the outlook bar (totally awesome).

But the bigger problem is that the code that displays the Overflow menu is set to use loButton.TabIndex, but when I've added them dynamically, TabIndex is always "1", (which seems wrong).

I've avoided it by changing the ChangeSelectedButton in the Overflow Panel control not to use .TabIndex but rather to use another counter on its own.

Otherwise this is a totally awesome control!
Developer
Nov 6, 2006 at 7:15 PM
Hi Doug.

Wich Outlook2003Bar version you're using?

What ShowTabs method does?

Could you give more details about the changes that you made?

Tks!

Emerson
Developer
Nov 6, 2006 at 7:32 PM
Sorry, I'm going crazy!

Where I wrote Doug, please read Andrew.
Where I wrote wich, please read which.

Tks!
Developer
Nov 14, 2006 at 9:58 PM
Hi Emerson,

I'm using the latest version downloaded from here from Oct 31.

All my ShowTabs method does is do what your Init method used to do. That way, I can initialize the control, set up the properties dynamically and then populate the values.

It creates the images (which it could likely do in the Init method) and then adds the buttons to the various panes.

Also, while I've got you, under Citrix or other environments, the buttons that get created are all Black. Is there a way to tell it to use a plain color (not the gradient) background.
Developer
Nov 17, 2006 at 10:37 AM
Hi Andrew!

So, you created a method that does the same that Init method, but you are creating plain color images, is this?

1- Do you think that if the control has a property to specify plain colors instead of gradient your problem will be solved?
R: If yes, I think that doesn't need to create an image, it's only specify the controls colors.

2- The other issue that you related is that TabIndex isn't work correctly when you subclass the control. Changing TabIndex to an internal counter solves the problem?

Please, let me know if it will help you and I'll work on it.

Tks!
Developer
Nov 22, 2006 at 4:58 PM
1. I don't think it should be a property - because it should do it automatically (I just don't know how to figure out if Gradient is supported or not)

2. I haven't had an issue with the TabIndex. What problem are you referring to?
Developer
Nov 22, 2006 at 7:26 PM
1- I'll search something about.

2- From your first post:
"But the bigger problem is that the code that displays the Overflow menu is set to use loButton.TabIndex, but when I've added them dynamically, TabIndex is always "1", (which seems wrong).
I've avoided it by changing the ChangeSelectedButton in the Overflow Panel control not to use .TabIndex but rather to use another counter on its own."
Developer
Nov 22, 2006 at 8:33 PM
Sorry - I was just rereading your response and I realized that I was using TabIndex. So yes, that would need a fix.

The current approach I'm using does work - but it's not clean.
Developer
Nov 23, 2006 at 10:41 AM
Andrew,

About black images instead of gradient images in some environments...

I don't know how Citrix works but I have the same problem a fewer days ago with Windows 98 and solved it copying GDIPlus.dll to Windows\System folder and deleting GDIPlus.dll from \Program files\Common files\Microsoft shared\Vfp folder.

If still doesn't work, you could take a look at CreateGradientImage method to try to understand what is happening.
Nov 23, 2006 at 6:52 PM
Hi Andrew,
Have you ever used any other GDI+ stuff that created gradient images on that machine?
I'm asking that because it has already happened that some people tried to create gradients in other situations and got a black image instead.
I'd like to solve this problem definitely, so if you can, I'd like to send you some small samples for creating gradients and have your feedback. If yes, pls send me a message to cchalom at hotmail
Regards
Cesar
Developer
Nov 23, 2006 at 9:46 PM
Send away, Cesar - or can I just maybe try running the GDI+ demos there?

That might be faster. I'll see what I can find out.
Developer
Nov 24, 2006 at 6:16 PM
Hey all.

I just grabbed the original sample code for doing gradient forms using _GDIPLUS and tried running it in the Citrix environment.

The form turned out completely black.

When I run it on a regular Win 2003 or WinXP box, it turns Blue to white (as it should).

I reverified that GDIPLUS.DLL was installed correctly (I even tried moving it around to different locations) and it is.

Problem still occurs.
Nov 24, 2006 at 7:18 PM
Ok Andrew, I'll prepare 2 samples using only direct API calls, and hope to send to your email soon.
Thanks for testing
Cesar
Nov 30, 2006 at 2:18 AM
Hi Andrew, I've just sent you a PRG that creates a simple image, using only API calls, and should run on any VFP version.

Pls test it under WinXP, 2003 and Citrix environment. I'd like to know if it creates the same image on the 3 systems.

Hope to hear from you soon !

Regards

Cesar
Developer
Mar 13, 2007 at 5:02 PM
I`ve posted a new Outlook2003Bar version 1.0.2 with some fixes.
Please, download them and updated your project to see if all problems was solved.

Tks!