SubFox and collation errors

Topics: Bug Information, Enhancement Request
Mar 31, 2010 at 6:28 AM

Hello,

I am trying to bring versioning to some FoxPro projects I have to work with, and SubFox seems like a very good solution (way better than VSS). However, my projects are tied to codepage=1257 and SubFox spits errors like "Collating sequence 'GENERAL' is not found.". My codepage does not support collation sequence 'GENERAL' and relies on collation sequence 'MACHINE'. If I switch to codepage=1252, SubFox works correctly, but then I loose national characters in forms and etc. 

I had a glance at prg files and saw that collation is set to 'GENERAL' in INDEX ON commands in files "subfox tortoise.prg" and "subfox translation classes.prg". Will it break something if collation is set to 'MACHINE' there? Also, can I hope that future versions of SubFox will work with codepages which does not support 'GENERAL' sequence?

Developer
Apr 1, 2010 at 4:48 AM

I was unaware that using general collating would risk impacting any other developers.  I will rework the application to elliminate reliance upon these collation settings and instead switch my INDEX ON commands to force all strings to upper case (does anyone use lower case?). 

Although this won't be hard, it will take some time and I must be thorough, so I cannot give a release date at this point.  It should be in the next release.

Developer
Apr 8, 2010 at 5:46 AM

Version 1.2.115 released today has been stripped of all COLLATE "General" indexes.  Hopefully I have not broken anything.