FoxCharts - New Property Suggestion

Topics: Attention VFPX Admins, Enhancement Request
Mar 19, 2010 at 11:41 AM
Edited Mar 19, 2010 at 11:44 AM

Hi,

we are curently implementing FoxCharts in our main product and so i am fiddling around with all the nice bells and whistle in it. I found some places that imho could need some further twists, so as a result of that work i would like to suggest the following improvement to FoxCharts. I was in need for it and found it quite handy to use.

Problem
When using Title and Subtitle together with charttypes like Bars the Title-pair comes pretty close to the left scale. It would be neat if one can add in additional space between the Title/Subtile-area and the actual chart-area. Charttype like Pies do not have a left scale so they're not in need for some extra padding, but i don't like the title/subtitle virtually standing on the tip of the left scale.

Solution
New Property to foxcharts-container with default=0 and adding that value in foxcharts._preparetitle in the last line.

*New Property 
foxcharts.PaddingBelowTitles with Default = 0 

*Change Code in foxcharts._preparetitle 
This._TitleHeight = lnTitleHeight + lnSubTitleHeight + this.PaddingBelowTitles 

Best regards Michael

Mar 19, 2010 at 7:13 PM
Hi, both title and subtitle are separate objects (labels) which have a alignment property. Foxcharts has the possibility to change the alignment to your needs. In case it is positioned to much to the left, try position it center or even right. Regards, Koen
Mar 22, 2010 at 9:25 AM

Hi Koen,

sorry, but you're misunderstanding my suggestion.

The alignment works perfectly well, but is of course for horizontal (left,right,centered) purpose only (not for vertical margins).

I know that title and subtitle are different objects. I just name them as "pair" because my suggested space is always between the lowest of them (depending if the subtitle is actually used).

What i am suggesting is an additional (variable) vertical space/padding between the title/subtitle and the top of the left scale. It has nothing to do with alignment of title or subtitle.

Hope this helps to clarify my suggestion.

Regards,

Michael