NewEditPropertyDialog - New Release not ready for localization

Nov 28, 2007 at 10:34 AM
Hi,

now the new release of the NewPropertyDialog is there, but also this won't come up in localized FoxPro versions. Again here is my offer to fix that at least for french, czech and german, perhaps for russian and spanish.
Should I? Then please tell me, how to forward the solution.
Or someone else should do it:
The problem is not the dialog itselfs (which is already prepared for localization by constants), but the "ABBREV", to find the menuhit-parameter in the Foxcode-Table. The MenuItem is the Caption f.e. "'New Method...', and that Token isn't delivered in localized Fox-IDEs, but the language specific token.

Kirsten
Nov 28, 2007 at 1:39 PM
Hi,
I walk the same way for French localization. I have the same questions
Coordinator
Nov 28, 2007 at 3:48 PM
In the New Property/Method dialog application, you need to change the text for these two constants in NewPropertyDialogEnglish.h to the appropriate localized text for the menu items:

#define ccLOCMENUNEW_PROPERTY 'New Property...'
#define ccLOCMENUNEW_METHOD 'New Method...'

Then rebuild the app.

I haven't looked at the code for the Edit Property/Method dialog application closely. I would appreciate you making some changes to it to support localization using a similar mechanism: instead of hard-coded strings, use constants you define in NewEditPropertyDialogEnglish.h. I suspect the changes you'll have to make are in NewEditProp.prg because that's the code that adds the necessary records to the IntelliSense table. After you've made the necessary changes, please email the changed code to me (dhennig AT stonefield DOT com) and I'll post them. Thanks for your help!

Doug
Nov 28, 2007 at 8:54 PM
Hi Doug,

i will do so. My approach is to take the right strings depending on what's on the user's mashine. But let's see, how much i make headway.

Bye
Kirsten